Hatred - A Powerful Emotion

Hatred - A Powerful Emotion

A Chapter by Dr. YumnaKay
"

~ Rambling thoughts ~

"
Hatred - a powerful emotion - which burns not only the one at whom it's directed but also the one from whom it comes.

A natural reaction for people we develop an instant dislike is to keep on hating/disliking them. It does not only take the positivity away from us but also a significant space in our heart which could have been filled otherwise by loving more and more people who really deserve to be loved.

A rational reaction - the people who've hurt you, they should cease existing for you. An empty space, a non entity. This brings not only peace of mind but also the reasoning that they were never meant for you. Then why care enough to remember them, especially with such a powerful emotion as hatred? It would only signify their importance in your life while they probably don't give a damn to what you think...

My point - make space in your hearts for the people you love. There are a lot of good people to remember...


© 2017 Dr. YumnaKay


Author's Note

Dr. YumnaKay
Another debate probably....

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hey did you know if you look up 'hate' in the dictionary there's a pic of my face there?lol jk ;) wellllllll that line about hating them is like them being important made me question my life severely... My whole lif has been a lie.... Illuminati confirmed!!!!!!!! Hmm or perhaps we remember them because "nemo me impune lacessit"? They wronged us and we demand punishment on them? Idk about you but a nice sweet revenge always puts me to sleep at night. I forget them after.... But love isn't so different from hate-
same as love and war. Isn't hate kinda like a war? I think hate is sort of a one on one mentality battle of emotions. It's confusing and often people get in the crossfire. Like so, you also hurt yourself...
Ah love and war....

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

5 Years Ago

You do know where I'll find your face in the dictionary ;)
Ah, our perspectives vary but you.. read more
LazerRays

5 Years Ago

hahahahahahah! i know too



Reviews

I find personally that hatred is one emotion that has a very short half life. Much in the same way that love does sometimes, (Not all the time). Although I am minded from experience that one could change for the other.
This technique for dealing with it when it hurts is an excellent one. And one I would also commend. I can truthfully say that using a technique similar to this I have no hatred for anyone person in particular.
Now concepts like prejudice and bigotry are another matter entirely. But hatred need not always be hot. Sometimes it can be cerebal.
An outstanding essay Yumna.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

I feel hating someone truly would mean seeing them destroyed, as in keeping ill wishes for them, som.. read more
I agree but I also disagree to an extent; I do believe that love should take precedence above hatred at all times and that one should spend as much time as possible concentrating their efforts on the things and people they love as opposed to being miserable when one need not be but that being said I think it is important to remember what and who you hate so that you may come to understand what it was about them or what exactly it was that set you off to such an extreme reaction as hate, since hate itself is not altogether the most offhand response. Obviously if something or someone upsets you to that degree it holds some sort of significance in your life and knowing what and why that is is extremely important in becoming a more calm and rational human being because once you have mastered the ability to become a passive observer in what would have normally caused you such hatred and rash emotional turmoil only then have you truly evolved as a fully sentient and analytically sound human being. :) Very well written write as it was inspiring in it's purpose and a joy to read and debate upon; thank you!!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

I agree on your pov. That is why I demarcated the rational reaction and natural one. I feel one can .. read more
Hate can be useful - I think most soldiers and trained to 'hate' the enemy so that they can kill them (easier). However it can be so draining and counterproductive. I can hate with the best of them...sprouts have felt this wrath !! >:[

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

I/V is all the more dangerous lol no wonder you're always high these days 😂😂😂
Tony Jordan

7 Years Ago

It's not dangerous at all lol - pouring shots into my lower eyelid - now that's dangerous !
Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

Errrrr okayy if you say so 😶😶😶
excellent observation - there's a very thin line between love and hate though and sometimes you love and hate...when hate becomes the overpowering emotion - time to move on. As I get older I put up with as little negativity as humanly possible - life is far too short my friend - positivity rules :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

I have learned the same thing. Time to move on or you could say time to hit the delete button 😉 <.. read more
Yumna, you're absolutely right. Each time I 'waste' time ranting and complaining I know I'm filling myself with negativity. And I know that positive thoughts and feelings make me happier and healthier. And also, they probably have more impact on trying to encourage the sorts of behaviours I like and admire vs trying to discourage behaviours I dislike, where my ranting and complaining probably have little effect! And hate is the most potent negative feeling, so I totally agree.

Would you mind if I commented upon your English?
- which burns not only the one to whom it's directed at; it would be better to say 'the one at whom it's directed'
- the one from which it comes forth; it would be better to say 'the one from whom it comes' (no forth needed)
- a natural reaction ... you need something like 'for whom' or 'towards whom' we develop an instant dislike
- hating/disliking them which does .... I suggest a full stop and new sentence after the 'them' because otherwise the whole paragraph is one very long and breathless sentence!
- the people who've hurt you should cease ... (no comma or should)
- Then why care enough ... I would redo this sentence because the 'that too' part isn't quite right. Here's a suggestion: Why care enough to remember them, especially with (or through) such a powerful emotion as hatred?
- give a damn what you (no 'as' needed)
- make space .... do you mean 'make space in your heart for the people you love'? This feels more natural to me.
Hope these suggestions are helpful.

Regards
Nigel

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nigel Newman

7 Years Ago

... the should cease suggestion (bracketed bit should say no comma or they)
Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

Hello, Nigel. I quite agree with all your suggestions regarding the language part. I posted this in .. read more
Very true Yumna! I totally agree, when you talked about how if we continue to hate someone for a period of time, the positivity and space decreases from our heart and soul. This was a delicate and informative piece of yours :) It was well told and really could make the readers [ like me ;) ] relate to the facts.
Great job Yumna!
Keep it up!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

Thank you, Shaan. Glad you agree. I just needed to get it out what I'd been thinking 😉
Mr.Writer

7 Years Ago

No problem Yumna! :)
Mr.Writer

7 Years Ago

I didn't intend to look at the grammar, just wanted to check out this debate :)

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1005 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 15, 2017
Last Updated on November 1, 2017

Ramblings of A Raging Mind


Author

Dr. YumnaKay
Dr. YumnaKay

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom



About
|Dentist| |Poet| |Writer| |Realist| |Enthusiast| |Eccentric| |Egocentric| |Anti-social| |INTJ| |Cancerian| more..

Writing
Seconds Seconds

A Poem by Dr. YumnaKay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ephemeral Ephemeral

A Chapter by Dr. YumnaKay


Delusion Delusion

A Chapter by Dr. YumnaKay