Passer-by

Passer-by

A Chapter by Dr. YumnaKay
"

Saturday night ramblings. How I feel about myself (at times).

"
In a world full of 
so many unique beings,
I'm a mere passer-by;
a soon-to-be distant
memory. ..


© 2019 Dr. YumnaKay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

we often think of ourselves this way...and don't realize how important we are to other people...just think of "A Wonderful Life" and how George Bailey thought he didn't matter and the world would be better off with him dead and gone....He found out so differently...
You are an important voice in the cafe, Yumna...so you are certainly noticed here.
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

4 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your kind words, Jacob. I'm glad you think so...



Reviews

You’re not a distant memory when you leave your literary work behind. In fact, some might say you achieve immortality. Still, your poem reflects how others often see themselves.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

4 Years Ago

I was just talking to one of my sisters yesterday, and she said most artists and poets works get rec.. read more
This world is so full of shining people & avenues for them to blast out their messages, it seems easy to recede back into the background of so much fanfare . . . most of the time, I'm happy to reside in the shadows. I often feel forgettable, but I don't agonize about it. It's just the way it goes in life (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

4 Years Ago

Ah, I don't agonize about it either, I just have kind of come to accept my place in the shadows too .. read more
I can relate to this feeling, perhaps more often than appropriate.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Dr. YumnaKay

4 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading, KurKota.
Merely traveling from one world to the next.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

4 Years Ago

Aye, it does feel like it...thank you so much for reading and your words, Cherrie. Appreciated.
'.. a soon-to-be distant memory. .. '

Words can be a reflection of a mood, an emotion playing with life as it is at a moment. For me you'll never be a passer.by and don't doubt many others will say the same, Yumna. There's a quote: I am a snatch of every place I've ever been, every conversation shared.. and most importantly, every person ever met.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

4 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the kind words, Emma. Truly appreciated. I like that quote :-)
emmajoy

4 Years Ago

You're very welcome. The quote's given me quite a guiding light at times. :)
As Jacob said, we all feel this way once in a while. Funny enough, I had a dream last night my teeth were dentures and I was crying because they were falling out. Meaning: I'm not taking a bite out of life and feel insignificant.

We all get that way. You're important, Dr. ...you really are.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

4 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your kind words here, Tim. Truly appreciate you reading.
Short but deep. Said everything I ever wanted to write about.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

4 Years Ago

Glad you felt that way. Thank you so much for reading and appreciating, Aurora.
Aw, Yumna!
All too often one is made to feel this way in a world that pays inadequate attention to that which is important to each of us to be recognized and valued for.
From the inside, we may feel this way, but those of us looking in from the outside who cherish, admire, respect, and look up to us, are most often stunned that we think we have any reason at all to feel we are a "mere" anything.
I know, for a fact, You are one of the more revered and looked-up to individuals and artists at the Café … I am definitely a longtime loyal fan.

A fine little Free Verse piece, Yumna, that really got my juices stirred; goes to show dynamite often comes in a small package … good stuff. I don't think anyone here will ever forget about You, and you never deserve to feel this way again.

Thanks a zillion for sharing another of your excellently rendered pieces! ⁓ Richard 🍃

Posted 4 Years Ago


Dr. YumnaKay

4 Years Ago

I agree to what you say, I just feel that I'm perhaps a little too ungrateful for what I got..always.. read more
Life seem to treat us this way. Just ghost in a world of a billion ghosts. Honest and good thoughts shared. Thank you dear friend for sharing your amazing poem.
Coyote

Posted 4 Years Ago


Dr. YumnaKay

4 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your words here and for appreciating, John.
Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

You are welcome dear friend.
its a revelation to cherish says i ... we are not extended stays .. and that's a good thing says i ... the one thing i might tell your protagonist (Doctor) don't pass by ... stop .. be now ;))))))))))))
E.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dr. YumnaKay

4 Years Ago

Your words made me smile, Einstein. Thank you so much for that and for your thoughts. Always appreci.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

315 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 8, 2019
Last Updated on June 11, 2019

Ramblings of A Raging Mind


Author

Dr. YumnaKay
Dr. YumnaKay

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom



About
|Dentist| |Poet| |Writer| |Realist| |Enthusiast| |Eccentric| |Egocentric| |Anti-social| |INTJ| |Cancerian| more..

Writing
Seconds Seconds

A Poem by Dr. YumnaKay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Nowhere to run Nowhere to run

A Poem by BBP