Lost

Lost

A Story by Drizzle
"

Can you tell that I feel lost ?

"
I have been putting this website off because it reminded me of the good days when I had time to let my thoughts run wild. But as time has gone by, I have realized that ignoring an issues just makes everything worse.I learned this through an incident that happened lately that has taken a toll on me. I finally started college at UCLA and lets just say that I was caught off guard. I mean I always knew I wasn't ready for such an environment, but I didn't know the extent to which I wasn't ready. I took classes over the summer and I almost lost my mind.I was so behind and no matter how much I played it off, I knew that I was eventually gonna fall off. I remember receiving my first bad grade. And when i say bad , I mean horrible. I felt as if i didn't know who I was anymore. I looked around and surprisingly, the student who sat next to me had the highest score. I didn't understand what was happening to me. I was so used to being the top student in high school, but here I was not even scoring above average.
I felt like a disappointment to everyone who ever believed in me. I didn't want to tell my parents because they have worked so hard and they kept telling my brother to follow in my footsteps. I couldn't bare the thought of telling them that I had come to UCLA to fail!. I couldn't tell my math genius boyfriend that I wasn't understanding pre-calculus. He passed both AB and BC calculus tests with a 5, how couldI I explain to him that I was failing basic math? I couldn't look myself in the mirror  I felt like just jumping off the tallest building on campus. How could I not be as good as everyone else. I mean, I always knew that I wasn't one of those students who got thing on their first try, but at the same time I had never been a student who struggled at all.
I am not sure if I have come to terms with myself. I still feel like I am lacking something. But mostly I feel like I do not belong there. I can't tell my parents that because they'd o not understand. Infant, I can't tell anyone because they will just look t me and judge me for taking for granted such an opportunity of being at a  school such as UCLA. Deep down I know that I am trying my best to survive, but everyday as aI walk past that bear, I try to give myself strength and remind myself that I have a purpose for being there...

© 2016 Drizzle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on September 14, 2016
Last Updated on September 14, 2016

Author

Drizzle
Drizzle

CA



About
I use this website to let out feelings that i'd rather not say in person. I am a very emotional person and I often cry over the dumbest things. However, it is through this that I am able to maintain .. more..

Writing
Thank you Alex Thank you Alex

A Story by Drizzle


Summer 18' Summer 18'

A Story by Drizzle