Phoenix - An Elfje

Phoenix - An Elfje

A Poem by Zainab UF
"

Three Elfje dedicated to Malala Yousufzai, Pakistani teen activist who was shot by the Taliban because she campaigned for girls' right to education.

"

Black

Pyre ablaze

With flames of

Terror and hatred, spewing

Poison

Grey

Ashes smoulder

With passionate defiance

Birthing voice of dissent -

Hope

White

Veils ignite

Sparks of freedom,

Forgotten symphonies of rebellion

Amplified

© 2012 Zainab UF


Author's Note

Zainab UF
For Malala Yousufzai, who showed me that "kids" can make an impact on the society as well. My sister, I salute your courage, your resilience, your spunk to stand up against the Taliban and assert your right to education. I hope you rise and shine again, and continue to inspire lives.

P.S. Elfje is a form of poetry whose origins can be traced back to The Netherlands. It consists of 11 words spread over five lines in the form 1-2-3-4-1. Here I have strung three Elfje together.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Inspiring, and I can feel the reverence for her courage. Keep it up, I like where you're heading with your style.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Zainab UF

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much! :)
She needs to be saluted for a child to take on the Taliban is inspiring. That she understands the importance of education , the right to learn what other children around the world take for granted shows a wisdom beyond her years. May her inspiring voice be heard by the adults who have become merely sheep and who make a mockery of Islam . Great write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Zainab UF

11 Years Ago

I agree with your thoughts, Moon! And thanks for the review.
Wow, your writing always take my breath away Zainab! I hate that she was shot for the girls' rights of education. She did must've had enough courage to even try! She seems like an honor and I think she's a great topic to have wrote about. Yes, kids can too help or make an impact on the society or even the WORLD! Some people over look the ability of children and what all they can do or accomplish. Malala Yousufzai, indeed is an inspiration for every teen girl globally! Great job!! :)

Ashley Rivers--Dream BIG and you'll win BIG:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Zainab UF

11 Years Ago

Thanks, Ashley, for the review and sharing your opinion. I agree, we all can make a big difference i.. read more
Call_Me_Miss_Imperfect

11 Years Ago

You're welcome :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

289 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 20, 2012
Last Updated on October 22, 2012
Tags: Malala Yousufzai, education, freedom, girl power, right to education, Pakistan, Taliban, terrorism

Author

Zainab UF
Zainab UF

Calicut, Kerala, India



About
I love writing, I honestly do. But if I had a school assignment to write about myself, it would definitely be the one with a big red F on it. I'm Zainab, a fifteen-year-old girl with a love for go.. more..

Writing
Black Black

A Poem by Zainab UF


The Doctor The Doctor

A Story by Zainab UF