The little girl came with her parents in the large compartment of the train which stopped at the Jessore station.She was wearing a red sweater.She looked very happy in the biting chilly weather.Perhaps the train journey was a great pleasure for her.

The little girl sat for a while in the chair.But soon she started to move from place to place as the train started to move towards Dhaka.At first she came to her father who sat close to the window.Then she looked to the outside and showed the crops,people and domestic animals to her father.She became very excited when she saw the fields of mustard.She expressed her joy like a dancing butterfly.She had special love for the yellow flowers of the mustard field.At one time I joined her passion and showed her the fields of yellow mustard from the moving train.She soon befriended with me.

The little girl then walked to the other side of the compartment.She was soon joined by a number of children around her age.They gathered around us and started to see the moving sceneries from the window of the train.She asked her mother to give her toys and she organized the other children to play in joy.

At one point,a book seller came in front of the playing children.The agile girl insisted to have a story book.Her father purchased one story book.But she could not read the book.But,this did not stop her to enjoy the trip.She requested me to read the story to the children.I became very pleased to see the intelligence of the little girl.I was spell bound and started to read aloud the story based upon the folk literature.The story was about a daughter-in-law who was kidnapped by a witch and later rescued by her husband through the assistance of learned witch manager.There were many illustrations in the book.The girl and the children enjoyed the story and asked me to read other stories from the book.

The girl switched soon to other activity.She asked the other children to go back to their parents and wanted to walk with her father.Her father took her to another compartment .They came back after half an hour.She took some pickles and orange in her packet.She sat again on her chair by my side.Now she was more happy to get her favorite food.She asked me take some fruit.I became very happy to see her courtesy.

After about twelve hours the train reached Dhaka.I was traveling alone.The intelligent little girl was a great companion and fellow passenger.I still remember her cute face and lovely activities.She left the compartment with her parents.I bid her farewell and wished to see her again.