"Best years of your life"

"Best years of your life"

A Story by Rochelle
"

What makes high school the best years of your life?

"

People say “high school is the best years of your life” but they don’t understand what those five years of your life contained. Has anyone had one year that was simple the best without struggle or any wrong moves, I don’t think so. The BEST can’t describe one year or one month, one word can’t define five years of your life. So when people assume that high school was simply the BEST years of your life they don’t actually know this for a fact but apparently it is anyway. Like really to be honest high school was s**t. My high school years changed me and yes your thinking “that’s the point” but I don’t really know who I am anymore. High school is where you go to figure out your future and yeah I did that but I lost myself on the way. Five years and all I have are memory’s that most I’d rather forget. Yeah I had fun and made friends but these years were not the best. Before you think I’m over reacting my high school years consisted of:


Making friends- I met the nicest people and made lots of friends but some turned out not so friendly. I lost as much as I gained but that is high school.


Got educated- I was a writer loved English and still do but it was hard. Maths I sucked at but now I’m an A+ student. I loved learning new things especially how to expand my writing knowledge.


Teachers- I may have been difficult but so is every teen. My high school teachers were some of the best people they would make me laugh and smile but most of all they never stopped believing in me.


Family- my parents split when I was younger and I was OK with that but in year 10 I lost my dad. He died of cancer and even though he wasn’t the best dad he was all I wanted. My two brothers basically packed and left leaving me with my mum. I love her more than anything but it was hard being my mums rock because I had no one to be mine.


 Suicide- yes I thought about it but more than that I tried to drown myself. I was ready I had said all I could and done everything to try and stop my feelings but nothing worked. As I was under the water I don’t exactly know what it was but I just didn’t wanna die anymore. It wasn’t family or friends I think it was the old me try to break free from all the pain I felt all the heart break and misery.


A Friend? - It was my best girl friend’s 18th birthday party and I drunk a little more than I should have but not to the point I was drunk. One of my friends looked after me and spent the night with me but when I let my guard down he took advantage of me. I was sexually assaulted by a friend that I thought I could trust. After that I found it hard to talk to boys or even be around them so I lost touch with my best guy friend. It was only after I told him months later that I started being more comfortable. To be honest if it wasn’t for him I don’t think I would have made it through.


So for me high school wasn’t the best it was merely a time that I changed into the strong woman I am today. I went through a lot in those five years, more than I would have liked to but at the same time I had grown so much as a person. I wouldn’t change what happened nor would I wish to change how strong it has made me. I loved as much as my heart could, I lived more than I can put in to words and I laughed myself through the days. That’s all I could possibly do, even in the darkest parts of my high school years I can honestly say I lived.

© 2016 Rochelle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Like all things. Time and distance make the schooldays better. Nice to be with kids with same goals and if lucky. Having some fun. I liked school. Place where I built my mind and my personality. Today I keep in contact with few school mates. I liked your thoughts. A realistic view about High School.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Like all things. Time and distance make the schooldays better. Nice to be with kids with same goals and if lucky. Having some fun. I liked school. Place where I built my mind and my personality. Today I keep in contact with few school mates. I liked your thoughts. A realistic view about High School.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

333 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 14, 2016
Last Updated on January 14, 2016

Author

Rochelle
Rochelle

Australia



About
Hi guys and girls, I don't know how to exactly describe myself as a writer or what I get out of telling complete strangers about my life but I like writing it sets me free, all my worry's or proble.. more..

Writing
She's free She's free

A Story by Rochelle