Do You Ever Wonder

Do You Ever Wonder

A Poem by Scirrocco

 

Do you ever wonder how we've made it this far,

As different as we both are.

What is it that keeps us holding on?

What is it that makes our bond so strong?

Is it the misunderstandings, arguments, the times apart?

Or is it the unspoken emotions which lie deep within our hearts?

Is it some sort of attraction and if so what kind?

For me it's more than physical fascination I would love you even if I was blind.

How does it make you feel to know I still feel this way?

What would you think if I said that even when apart I think about you day after day?

Would you believe me?

By now you should know I speak sincerely.

Samone I would never turn my back on you,

Walking away is something I just can't do even though at times I felt that's exactly what I needed to do.

We've both said things to each other that hurt so very much,

But we've also made each other feel as if our hearts have been touched.

So neither one of us should ever choose to walk away,

I'm not going anywhere Samone I intend to stay.

So when times get hard you can call on me.

I'll be that angel on your shoulder in your time of need.

© 2008 Scirrocco


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a lovely piece, its not soppy or corny its true meaningful writing that sounds like its flowing from your pen and your heart. The ending is just perfect. But there is one thing..The 8th and tenth lines is there anyway you can split it or abbreviate or even put in ',' ? Those two lines seem to break the flow by being a little longer than the others. Its very slight but i thought it might help.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love this poem..it is sweet and sincere..you express your emotions well..your heart speaks honestly and you wrote this perfectly..i think when people are in a serious relationship there are always questions floating in both their heads..you wonder if they are thinking what you are thinkinf or feeling the same as you are..its hard, and i can see that you put the time spent apart..i understand this all too well..longdistance is always hard but i think it makes the relationship stronger..the trust has to grow this way..i appreciate this because i felt like it was from the heart..i enjoyed it..
Well From One Word-Play Poet To The Next...Always Remember To Write With Your Heart!

s~Shanty~s


Posted 16 Years Ago


You may not often write of love but this was beautiful. The emotions were so raw and truthful. Another great piece!

Brette

Posted 16 Years Ago


yes I agree with what you say here, so many times I've wondered these things and I've come to the conclusion that these loves we wonder the most about are the ones that somehow last. Interesting, isn't it?

nice pic included, too. excellent writing!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


wonderfully written words on love. You have penned eloquently that which others cannot articulate....how we truly feel when we are in love - well done.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Wow, this was really great! It was so sweet!♥ I love this poem, and you are an excellent writer; you show so vividly the many emotions and deeper feeling of real love. This was great to read. Keep writing, please!

Posted 16 Years Ago


So many different variables in love...this shows them off with out being to mushy....Such a deep breath here...more than love ...sounded also a lot like respect, and friendship....Sharon

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a stunning tribute - beautiful emotions expressed here, I hope that Samone appreciates these wonderful feelings you have expressed. A truly lovely poem. Thank you for sharing.
Light,
Siddartha


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Not good??? Ha that is an understatement... Just loved the way you written this, not soppy (good) but heartfelt. One can tell this comes from you soul and very different from what I have read from you till now. always nice to see a other side of a writer, which just proves you have the talent to draw us into your mind.

Great piece, I really enjoyed this one, specially because you brought so many different dimensions in your poem. Loved the fact that you didn't only refer to the good times 'cause we all know loving someone is much more than that

We've both said things to each other that hurt so very much
But we've also made each other feel as if our hearts have been touched

Bravo!


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very expressive and heartfelt, a genuine emotion like love can not be imitated and you are obviously feeling it.. thanks for sharing ..:)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

463 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 12, 2008
Last Updated on March 12, 2008

Author

Scirrocco
Scirrocco

New Jerusalem, NJ



About
A true Scorpio and it shows in what I write. I'm not one to follow a format, I just write... Sometimes I'm straight to the point with what I'm saying and at other times you have to actually think abou.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..