Purple Orchid Dreams

Purple Orchid Dreams

A Story by Mimi Roberts
"

This is for my love. The italics are all quotes she has used to me before.

"

Today is unchanged for me, once again. I'm house-trapped by my mother, I have to watch out for my brother, as always. At least I have my laptop..

And my Imagination.
 

"The more obvious becomes the least obvious, the more obvious it becomes."

I often drift off to my own World with my gift of Imagination, especially when the Real World is downright horrible. My World isn't much, really... I'm almost always lying in the field as things happen around me.  One time, a gymnast cartwheeled over and started a conversation with me. But my favourite times in my World is when you drop in.



"Why aren't you here?"

One day, nothing happened; nobody came to me. So, I stood up from my over-used patch of long grass, and walked around in my World for the first time. I found many things I never knew was here; A forest, a single tree in the midde of nowhere with a swing on it's branches, and a pond. The pond was always my favourite.



"I smile when I think of the days I can see you again."

At this pond, there were few lillypads which frogs sat on and croaked at me.  I started to sit and watch the life around it; the dragonflies, water snakes, even the occasional spider.



"Like trees, we stand tall."

One day I came back to this pond, to see something different in the marsh. I walked over - not caring I was ankle-deep and barefoot in mud - and moved away the grass. I knew I couldn't be hallucinating this.. Angered, I pulled out a handful of the grass and found what I was looking for.



"Look into the light, and you will shine."

There, in the midst of greenery, was a purple orchid, standing tall as can be. I leaned down to smell it; no smell. I rose myself again, and brushed off the white gown I always wore in this World.



"You have a secret smile, and you use it only for me."

"How pretty," a voice said that really wasn't my own. I spun around in alarm, and fell into the mud. The voice laughed at me. I rubbed the mud off my face and looked up, seeing a hand extended to me. I recognized the brown sleeve that covered the arm; you.



"If you fell two feet, I'd catch you none the less."

I took your offered hand and rose once again. My white gown was no longer white, but the same colour of the jacket you are clad in. I pointed down at the orchid, and you smiled, bending down and pulling it out. I watched you as you broke off most of the stem, and put the flower in my hair.



"I fell for you; will you fall too?"

"Much better." you smile and take my hand, leading me from the mud. As if by magic, my gown was white again as you guided me to the swing on the lone tree. You sat down on it and pulled me into your lap, holding me close to your heart. I closed my eyes and relaxed myself. This is how I like things to be; you, me, and a purple orchid.



"A far away look can get you far."

I opened my eyes once again, and realized I was in my room, light beaming into my eyes from the early sun. There's my mom, calling for my assistance in a chore... I get out of my bed, and look back at it. I know I will see you soon, in my Purple Orchid Dreams.

© 2009 Mimi Roberts


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 19, 2009

Author

Mimi Roberts
Mimi Roberts

Canada



About
Hi world! =) I'm Mikayla, your everyday crazy-girl Canadian. I don't write as much as I used to anymore, but whatever rare piece of writing that I do will be up on here. =3 more..

Writing