'This Is The Beginning of Nothing'

'This Is The Beginning of Nothing'

A Poem by Hello, Goodbye
"

'the final beginning'

"
Through my veins, as it filters thru my heart, and settles gleefully in my brain.. Is the most pure type of pain. It flows in my body. It eats at my soul. Each day of living, is a further deconstruction of my very essence. A deficient DNA, the gift of plight that keeps on giving. I can feel it. It lives and is aware. A pain that is proficient at its purpose. What a hah, they call it living.. when each day I can feel death taking his daily ration. The imperfection knows. It is aware that to take the whole soul, is to end the misery. So its a slow real time decomposer. Like a mortgage that little by little, takes and takes, and when the final payment is done... the home falls to its knees. 


Joy can often blind you. Pain it lets you see. A puppy can be delightful and still not give a smile, but a nibble from its jaw will give you a frown everytime. Like time, pain never fails. Not the pain that you receive when you stub your toe, but the ailment that scars the emotions. Hate, before I held for hate. Then I altered and searched for a way to love it. But now, I just want to understand it. We fear the unknown, so I must really adore pain, because I know it too well. But I don't know the personification of it, for many have suffered worse than I. Yet pain is pain and none is pleasant. Is it normal to hate every thing in existence? And what if your cares are so minute, that the question is irrelevant. Forget my words for they are flowing from the same water fall and drenched in the same liquid, that ever induces belligerence. I hate and love to hate and love. And while I know no victory, I always hold regret. 

-DD

© 2010 Hello, Goodbye


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

this questing is very close to my heart/brain edgy soul whatever you wanna call it~ having been eaten down and spat out raw from early onward what usually happens is at first we hurt something awful~ as time progresses and more hungry little creatures come at you from the side with their own brand of pain~ you become numb and nonchalant~ to EVERYTHING~ than swoops down detachment which is a curious place to be from which to disassemble patters of pain and peruse them from all angles without reliving all those little scabs~

as for death and its everyday kiss~ I suppose it all depends on personal history how we approach it~ but that feeling of its beak taking little bites from our body bread constantly is a feeling I know very well~
excellent deep dives through the mind~ these are the inner quests that lead to the deep wells of understanding or more questions~ =)~

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Interesting use of words and flow, creating an image in the reader's mind. My favourite line " Not the pain that you receive when you stub your toe, but the ailment that scars the emotions." This is the essence of realism itself.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I related to this so easily. This poem was like that song you listen to after a bad break-up that describes -exactly- how you feel. I love how it reads like a steady out-pour. I wouldn't change a thing about it. Very nice job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


sometimes it seems we can count on pain more than joy.. and it takes its toll. life is a balance between the two and at the end there will be only one..or perhaps neither..

Posted 12 Years Ago


Pain: an unpleasant physical discomfort.
emotional distress: severe emotional or mental distress.
Pain comes in many stages as you accurately
pinpointed deeply in this write.. Nicely done DD


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You make very clear and accurate statements about pain. Pain is a strong emotion and feeling. It can take over us if we let it. This is a somber poem that is done with clarity.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amazing! Pain, is something that needs to be explored for we fall into the trap of wandering into void otherwise...as long as we feel pain as well as joy, we can assume we are living, I guess! Never nice, no, but...tis a fact of life ey?
This makes me shudder, partly because it is so true and partly because, answers became hostile to me long ago! lol
Awesome!
xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

your work is always so very deep, i have to read it a few times over to grasp every aspect. but thats why i love it. nicely done once again!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love all of your works because it's very very related to me.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow a very powerful write. Sad but true on how I can relate to your words as I am sure so many can. But there has just got to be a happy medium somewhere, somehow. xo Great expression of emotions here. xo

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Like the last one, excellent work. Your emotions bleeds out with every word. Like a rain storm that never ends. Nice job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

322 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 9, 2010
Last Updated on September 9, 2010

Author

Hello, Goodbye
Hello, Goodbye

Bobland, NY



About
I'm really actually Bob. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..