Wisconsin Apocalypse

Wisconsin Apocalypse

A Story by Jay Raisanen
"

I'm posting the first 10 pages. It's about a zombie invasion in the town. While trying to survive, Crystal, her mother, and Stephen are on a mission to locate her missing sister.

"

Wisconsin Apocalypse

By Jay Raisanen

            Gruesome news report! 

            Three children who were playing in a park at Lake Michigan near Milwaukee, Wisconsin, were brutally attacked.

            WARNING, WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE IS VERY GRAPHIC!

            The camera crew in the distance shot live footage of the incident on Disaster News.  A naked middle age man wildly grinded his teeth into the flesh of three victims sweating from fear.  The vicious monster dug in deep inside of the children’s faces and intestines.  A poor nine year old girl also released her last remaining screams as the monster bit down on two of her fingers, and firmly sliced through her skin while blood squirted into his mouth.  Then as the camera zoomed in on the three dead children lying on the grass, and the monster instantly rose up.

            A deep slow growl began as the mysterious psycho stared into the camera with his dark red eyes.  Then his mouthful of dark blood spurted out from the consumed human flesh.  His entire c**k was sliced open, covered in blood, and the shaft of the c**k dangled as red fluids dripped under him.  Immediately, the four men scattered and ran with the camera.  The monster looked like an angry dog about to attack its prey when it opened a mouth filled with blood dripping off from razor sharp teeth.  But this was a mutated hungry zombie creeping towards them.


           All a sudden, the zombie’s senses locked onto the four men crew.  They each proceeded off road and headed into a cornfield.  As they sprinted through the cornfield, their heart-rates began pounding, their legs cramped up, and their energy drained out, clogging their breath.  Each of them dropped down to their knees to catch their breath.  Suddenly, a dark shadow blocked their light.  One of the guys looked behind them and before he could re-act fast enough, the zombie leaped onto him, and bit a deep chunk out of his leg, until its teeth met solid bone.  The victim slammed the zombie on the back of the head so hard, his knuckles hurt.  He felt a crack on the zombie’s lower neck.

   Meanwhile, two of the other victims each grasped the corpse’s arms while it was stunned.  Forcefully, they bent the arm back all the way until they heard a loud crunch when the bones cracked.  The zombie glanced at the two with his roaming dark red eyes, and its dripping mouth sliced into the second victim’s arm. Its teeth pierced deeper into the victim’s arm.  “OH S**T!  I THINK WE REALLY PISSED IT OFF!”  The second victim screamed as he smacked it in the face with the expensive Disaster News camera.

            Before the zombie was able to make its next move, the second victim began punching it in the face multiple times with the camera.  It shattered as he pushed the camera further and further into the zombie’s face until it was completely crooked towards the left, including the zombie’s jaw.  One of the victims found a small shovel in the cornfield next to holes dug and smashed the zombie in the head multiple times.  No one was sure if it was really dead or not.  But the remaining two survivors high geared it out of there and left two of the other men behind who were now infected.  There was nothing left to do to save them.

             Soon, the entire Disaster News studio will be crawling with dead people.  At that point, it will be known as zombie news.  

            No one knows much about the radioactive mad cow disease virus that creates zombies, except those who are diagnosed with it becomes aggressive and vicious; their body temperature rises, decreases awareness, and develops a high case of the munchies for human flesh.  People who consumes the poisonous beef or bitten by another person with the contagious virus slowly begins mutating into dead walking corpses, with no heart-beat, no pulse, and completely brain dead. 

            Sixteen year old Crystal and her mother were at home watching the report on TV.  EXPERIENCING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES, EVERYONE REMAIN INDOORS!  Crystal’s mother turned the TV off immediately.  After hearing the news about the zombie apocalypse, both of their hearts sped up.  Each thump of their heart beat struck as hard as a thunderstorm.

            Meanwhile, Crystal’s sister Emily was out near the park playing with her friend Stephen.  Crystal and her mother were both scared for the safety of Emily and the zombie population numbers producing.  As Crystal began thinking about the world apocalypse and her sister Emily, a heart-quake emerged inside of her.  She would take a bullet for that girl.  Emily was the one person in her life that made it complete.  Without her sister Crystal might as well be a zombie.

            Crystal, then locked onto her thoughts hovering around her head like a helicopter; would I have the stomach to kill my sister if she has transformed into one of those monsters?  After I watch her die in front of my eyes would I be able to go on with my life or would I drive a bullet into my brain?  If she has become zombified would the old Emily still be in there while she is under the influence of the deadly infection?  If so would she know that I love her and I did it to save us?              

            Meanwhile, it was hard to get a good view of the yard because of the massive fog flowing outside.  From a medium distance the two of them heard tires of a bicycle cruising down the street, splashes of the puddles on the side of the curb from the rain earlier, and a crunch as the tires rode over tree branches lying around on the ground; snapping them in half. 

             The bike outside began slowing down and released a loud squeal as it braked.  Footsteps plowed through the leaves and skidded through the wet mud.  The footsteps merged closer to the house.  Coming out of the shadows of the mist, a person appeared that they couldn’t get a glimpse on.  It looked like a blur as if the glass door froze in below zero weather. 

            The mother grabbed her 12 gauge shotgun that was lying on the kitchen table along with a box full of shells.  She opened up the barrel and loaded the shells down in the chamber.  “Locked and loaded and ready to fire”, the mother said as she aimed the front barrel of the shotgun towards the door while she slowly opened it. 

            With her fingers wrapped tightly around the trigger, “HOLD YOUR FIRE!  Crystal screamed.  She recognized who was standing in front of the door. 

            The young boy was Emily’s best friend Stephen, who’s the same age as her.  Her childhood friend she grew up with.  Inside of him he had the biggest heart for Emily’s sister.  Forgetting about their age difference, Stephen wanted to deeply be with her.  But with the fear of being rejected he refused to ask.   That didn’t stop him from dreaming about her though.  When he visualized Crystal’s beauty, her long autumn red hair flowed in the wind, her blue eyes glittered in his mind, her cherry blossom lips met his; extending his heart wider and bigger, making his face glow. 

            Stephen froze, remaining as still as a statue once he saw the gun pointed in his face. 

            “Stephen, have you been bitten by anything with blood dripping from its mouth?”  Crystal’s mother asked, with the gun still in his face.

            “Mom, put the gun down and let me talk to him, you’re scaring him.”  The mother lowered the gun, but she handed Crystal a handgun as she stepped back.

             “Don’t hesitate to use it if you have to,” the mother whispered in a low tone. 

            Crystal hid the gun behind her back away from the boy’s view. 

            “Stephen please do not be alarmed, my mother is not going to hurt you.  There is a virus spreading that has been killing and mutating humans into infected monsters, and causing them to eat other humans.  Have you been bit by any of those creatures?” 

            “No, I’m clean.  But I don’t know what happened to Emily.  She was riding bikes with me and as we peddled up a hill, I started hearing these low screams in the distance.  I looked behind me as the screams faded, and the fog clogged my view.  Before I knew it she vanished.” 

            Stephen, being only 14 years old, wasn’t afraid of monsters much in scary stories and movies, because he knew it was all fictional.  But now that zombies became a reality to him his fear levels sky-rocketed.  He quickly walked into the house, shut the door behind him, locked it, and chained it.  With both of his hands wrapped around Crystal’s waist in a firm grip, his body released a slow mild vibration at first, but then he looked up at her pretty face with a wide sparkling smile. 

            “We are going to survive this zombie invasion together, but we need to find Emily.  I want to make sure she is ok,” Stephen said. 

            “I appreciate your concern, I’m scared too, but it is almost eight and it’s going to be getting dark soon.  Let’s wait until tomorrow, by then the fog should be gone and it will be bright enough to see,” Crystal explained.  “For tonight I think you better spend the night, you can sleep on the couch.  I’ll call your family to let them know where you are,” Crystal told Stephen. 

            This enlightened his night knowing that he would be in the same house as Crystal for a whole night, sharing the same air with her, and smelling her beauty aroma; as sweet as Cherry Blossom flowers.

            It was now after midnight.  Stephen was asleep on the couch, Crystal was resting in her comfortable bed the next room down, and Crystal’s mother dozed off while watching one of her late night programs.  Suddenly, something awakened Stephen from his dreams about Crystal.  Stephen heard trashcans tumbling and glass bottles shattering.  He got up and walked towards the side door.

             He moved one blind covering the door to get a small glimpse of what’s going on outside, and he had part of his eye looking between one of the blinds, being careful not to expose himself too much in case there was something out there.  Trashcans were rolling out on the street; several beer bottles were broken, and the windshield on one of the parked cars had been broken.  But as Stephen looked right and left, he saw an army of zombies moving from all directions.  There must have been hundreds of them outside.  Some of them were even limping on a broken leg, which slowed them down somewhat.  Eventually they were going to reach the front entrance of the house, and it’s going to be a bloodbath.  They can smell human grub from miles away and they will stop at nothing from consuming fresh delicious meat on the bone.

            “ZOMBIE ALERT, ZOMBIE ALERT!”  Stephen screamed on top of his lungs as Crystal and her mother climbed out of bed; racing through the kitchen as if they were going for a gold medal; and Stephen was pointing towards the side door; starting to panic.  Crystal and her mother peeked out the side door.  Crystal grabbed her double-barrel shotgun and loaded up the barrel with the two shells.  Crystal’s mother prepared her 12 Gauge shotgun as well. 

            Also, Stephen was given a .357 Magnum.  The magnum only held up to eight bullets, but it was a big and powerful gun.  One shot in the head could use enough force to push the zombie back, and deliver mega head trauma; killing the zombies instantly.  There was also a Beretta M9 and a M1911 handgun on the kitchen table for a backup.  All the guns were locked and loaded, and the table was filled with boxes of ammunition.  The only thing left to do was to defend the house.  Stephen and Crystal defended the side door while Crystal’s mother defended the front door.

            The zombies limped their way up and down the streets, lined up next to each other and behind.  The children’s playground also exploded with a flood of those monsters.  Out of the spite, Stephen had an idea that hit him, like a strike of lightning. 

            “Do we have any alcoholic bottles, cloths, and lighters?  Stephen asked.  “If you want to find your sister Emily, you are going to have to trust me.  Sure, we have guns and a full box of ammunition, but from the looks of the zombies outside, the numbers are adding up high quickly,” Stephen explained to the two of them.

            In the basement was a liquor cabinet filled with a variety of different brands of Rum, Vodka, Everclear, Brandy, Jack Daniel’s Whiskey, and Tequila.    

            Crystal, her mother, and Stephen filled their arms with the alcoholic bottles, and transported the bottles up the stairs, setting them down on the kitchen table.  Stephen grabbed a bottle of Bacardi 151 and jammed a cloth inside of it.  He walked towards the side door with a dark blue lighter in his hand, flicked it, and lit the end of the cloth while standing on the step outside.  Flames started emerging instantly, building up a tower of hell.  The flaming cocktail weapon had been born. 

            Without hesitating, Stephen raised the bottle in an overhand position and tossed the flaming cocktail as hard and as fast as he could; like a hard flying baseball.  The bottle shattered onto a zombie’s skull; lunging broken glass into its brain, and exploded into its face; melting the skin; and slowly draining the brain; boiling up into raspberry juice; spilling behind its head.

            He grabbed another bottle, but this time it was a bottle of Everclear 190 proof grain alcohol.  And instead of aiming for the zombie’s heads, he aimed for the surface around them.  Several hundreds of zombies were roasting up.  They’re so dumb that they just walked through the lake of flames.  It was a zombie barbeque; a barbeque that all the zombies are invited to.  While Stephen observed hundreds of zombies blazing up into flames, he saw the face of Emily in the fire.  Could this hallucination be a sign that she is in trouble?      

            Stephen, Crystal, her mother, and Emily may be the only non-cannibal in the whole state.  With the zombies burning away, the three of them decided to make a run for it while they can.  Crystal’s mother grabbed three duffel bags and filled them with the guns, zip-lock bags of ammunition, the remaining alcohol bottles, and the flaming cocktail supplies.

            As the three of them flee out of the house carrying their duffel bags, some of the zombies were still moving towards them as they were roasting in the fire.  It was a slow process melting zombies in flames.  The only other worse thing than getting bit by a zombie was getting torched at the same time.

            Immediately, they dropped their bags as they saw the flaming zombies approaching.  All of them drew their guns at the zombies, and fired all at the same time; splattering zombie brains and guts all over the front door.  The power and force of all three of them firing at the same time caused some of the zombie’s heads to blow off; rolling towards them, and dropping like flies.  But then in the distance there were zombies faster than others; that looked like they were sprinting.  It was as if there was a mixture of slow walking and fast zombies.

            “We need to get the hell out of here, like RIGHT NOW!”  Crystal screamed.

            “Damn it, I left my keys in the house,” Crystal’s mother said.

            “We’ll hold them off, hurry up”, Crystal said.  She grabbed her mother’s 12 Gauge and Stephen already had his Magnum aimed in front of him.  A big fat b*****d approached them wearing a dark blue police uniform.  Stephen nailed him right between the eyes, and watched as fluids leaked from his eye socket and skull.

            Approximately, two minutes later, Crystal’s mother ran out of house with the keys to the ocean blue Lincoln Navigator.  All three of them picked up their bags and hauled a*s to their getaway in the garage.  Once they were all in, Crystal plowed through the zombies on the street, splattering blood all over the windshield, as the tires created a form of red rain.  With a full tank of gas, big guns, and plenty of ammunition; nothing can stop them right now.  Their next mission was to locate Emily.

© 2012 Jay Raisanen


Author's Note

Jay Raisanen
How is the pace of the stories, my verbs, the descriptions, the dialogue? Anything I can do differently?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This story is perfect. Truly wonderful. You're an amazing author!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
1 Review
Added on December 15, 2012
Last Updated on December 15, 2012
Tags: Zombies, Undead, Monsters, Horror

Author

Jay Raisanen
Jay Raisanen

Woodridge, IL