Bad breakup

Bad breakup

A Chapter by zoerunning
"

After a bad breakup and s**t Christmas what could be worse than running into the ex at a new years party ? Seeing him with his new model gf. Oh yes so a change in Louise's life needs to happen now !

"
its a new year and a new beginning i tell myself yet again.(cliché i know)  Its something that everyone does but never follows up on . But at my new years eve house party this year unlike any other year yet i have felt so alone and like i have alot to prove, so this year i will follow up on my new years resolutions. i know its stupid that this years new thinking has been sparked from a bad breakup . Darren broke up with me 3 weeks ago just before Christmas (great timing i know.) He was my first boyfriend we were together for 5 years i was with him since i was 20. Just two weeks after we broke up he got a new girlfriend. A stick insect model Tasha, i've never seen what she looks like but i can guess that she looks amazing, she is a model for Christ sake. She is the total opposite of me who is short and has curves, makes me wonder what he ever saw in me . Even more reason to get into shape, being a size 14 does not help when your ex is dating a super model. I asked him for a reason for breaking up with me and he didn't even give me one. He just said he wanted to see other people which in my book means, i want to shag other people. In all honesty i was crushed and had a Christmas of food and alcohol. ( I was sedated for my pain!) Which was not good for my physique, just another reason to diet and get in shape and embrace my new single life. Who knows what will be waiting for me this year but i guess I'm just going to have to be prepared for whatever happens. Its a brilliant party, with music blaring, lights, decorations and cocktails. We are well known among our friends for throwing good parties  and this was no disappointment. Despite all the festivities and happiness in the room i couldn't help but think that there was something missing. I just keep thinking that Darren is going to walk out of the kitchen with a cocktail for me and put his arm around my waist and kiss me on the forehead like he used to, but now i'm looking at him doing just that to Tasha. I didn't think he would turn up i only invited him to just be  civil, but this was almost too much for me to  stomach. Watching him do that knocks me sideways i never knew that watching him with her would hurt so much it takes everything within me not to just breakdown and cry right then and there Liz saw my face and immediately came to my aid. "what's up ?" 
"Darren and the giant stick"  Liz looked over at them scowling if death stares could kill they would have been a flaming ball of fire by now 
"i cant believe they had the audacity to come" 
"I cant believe i was stupid enough to invite him Tasha cant want to be here and i certainly do not want them here so why come?"
"He wants to flaunt his new girl say look what i got and Lou you cant have me he is just being the biggest twaty f**k face ever."
I soon decide that its not worth my time and eventually i look away from the loved up couple.yes i still love him and it hurts to think that all the feelings he had for me are now reduced to nothing. Don't get me wrong I'm glad he is happy i truly am, i just wish it was me who still made him smile, who made him happy but that isn't my job any more its hers. I need to move on like he has no matter how hard or how much it hurts to let him go there will be someone out there who will love me and appreciate me, and that love wont go and disappear like his did. Before i know it midnight is racing ever closer and the new year almost beginning. Everyone rushing to the sides of their other half for a new years kiss and all that is left is me and the only other single friend we have Stan we both look at each other and he starts walking towards me. Stan is like those guys you see in fitness magazines his arms and body are the best i have ever seen in real life (i have last years holiday to thank for that!) he is also a really nice guy and were good friends. "evening lou lou belle" he greets me with one of his cheeky grins
"Hey Stan the man" i reply smiling. we both instantly know what we will both do when big ben chimes in the new year and soon enough the countdown begins our arms poised for what is to come and whilst everyone is kissing their way into the new year bam! goes our secret handshake.
"happy new year Lou Lou Belle" he says hugging me believe me i could live forever in those arms. 
"Happy new year Stan the man"
Mine and Stan's relationship people always question people always think that there is something going on but there really isn't don't get me wrong i wouldn't turn him down but i am most defiantly not his type he doesn't talk to me about girls much though lord knows why, but he is like a manket he is a guy that you could be yourself around say whatever and it wouldn't matter sometimes i don't know what i would do without him he fixes everything somehow or another which is why i call him Stan the man. After the excitement of the strike of midnight passed Liz come over to chat to me as im happily starting the mammoth clean up "why the hell didn't you kiss Stan you silly girl"
i turn around and laugh "we are just friends Liz you know that i wouldn't want to ruin that."
"who says you would?" 
" me" i say handing her a tea towel 
"i bet he is the reason you have perked up though" said Liz elbowing me in the side
"shut up" i say giving her one of my looks that mean your right but shhhhh. She laughs at my silliness and carries on drying up. We soon give up and rejoin everyone chatting and messing around but Darren and the giant had gone thank god i could now be myself again. Soon enough it was nearing dawn and everyone was leaving. At about 5:30 am we all went to bed not that i could get much sleep all the emotions of the evening were still swirling around in my head (dont think the amount of alcohol consumed helped that at all) but eventually i dosed off and gave way to a dreamless  sleep.  


© 2012 zoerunning


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a nice start. We get introduce to a core of characters and some early conflicts. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is wonderful I enjoyed reading this!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

427 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 21, 2012
Last Updated on May 31, 2012
Tags: breakup, love, romance, dating, young adult, single, men


Author

zoerunning
zoerunning

Liverpool, United Kingdom



About
I am new to all this so would greatly appreciate knowing what everyone thinks if its good or bad :) thanks more..

Writing