The smell of Death

The smell of Death

A Story by zombie_jaws
"

A young girl finds herself trapped in an abandoned school as she foolishly tried to discover the truth behind its closing.

"

Her heart was beating so hard she felt as though it was going to explode. She’d been hiding in a locker for what felt like an eternity. When Ava woke up that morning, she had never suspected she would be here now, cowering in fear from a chainsaw wielding lunatic.


“I have to get out of here…Please, God, help me get out of here.” Ava whispered to herself, her hands shaking as she gently pushed the locker door open. She slipped out quietly, the halls of the abandoned school now eerie and silent. Ava stepped quietly down the hall, listening eagerly for the sound of a chainsaw while she took in every detail of the place she found herself cornered in.


Legend has it that several children went missing before the school was shut down. The children’s bodies were never found and neither was the killer. Years after the school had been closed several police reports were given to suggest that there was someone spending prolonged periods of time at the school. The townsfolk claimed that they heard screams and blood curdling laughter coming from the building as well as a horrid odour if you came too close.


Ava ran her fingers along the wall, watching as dried up wallpaper collapsed under her fingers. Senseless graffiti covered the walls that Ava imaged were once pristine and spotless. A loud noise pulled Ava out of her trance and she spun around, her eyes widening in fear. He’d found her. A crooked and slightly toothless smile came up on his face, the several scars on his face distorting him even more. Breathing heavily, he charged towards her, rusty and bloodied chainsaw at the ready. Ava’s scream filled the hall as she ran for her life.

© 2017 zombie_jaws


Author's Note

zombie_jaws
Just a short story that I had to write for class, was aiming to utilize suspense.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

not bad at all but it could definitely use a little background and a touch more on the events that lead to her being trapped in an abandoned school with said killer. other then that great start

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 30, 2017
Last Updated on November 30, 2017
Tags: horror, scary, chainsaws, blood, screams

Author

zombie_jaws
zombie_jaws

About
Currently studying to become a game developer. Hoping to write stories for games, so I'm looking for ways to brush up on my writing skills. more..