Stolen

Stolen

A Story by Raspberry Rebel
"

How illness can steal the one you love

"

They lay on the bed laughing as she poured an Italian kiss onto his chest, then chased its trail with her luscious full pink lips.

 

"What do you mean we all carry excess luggage? I think you mean baggage, babe." 

 

 Lee had playfully corrected.  Honey blushed at her mistake as he gently brushed away a soft wispy curl which was framing her freckled cheek, that was now the colour of the setting sun.

"You know what I mean." She mumbled blushing, then buried her face back into the comforting warmth of his chest. Honey had been bogged down for so long in a fog of emotions, she had never dared to think it was possible to love again...

Then out of the blue, void of hope, thinking she would never belong anywhere...He had appeared. He was rough and a little ragged around the edges, but to her he was the ace....perfection.

Thirty years down the line, they still laugh together at her silly foibles, and her ditsy blonde ways...Now highlighted with strands of silver, laughter lines mapping her face...

"You remember don't you Lee?"  He nods. Honey wipes a tear from his cheek, he remembers her today and how they've always loved. You see he's not always lucid, dementia has stolen him...

© 2011 Raspberry Rebel


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Such a sad and unfair thing to endure. Our memories are so very precious, and to lose them is, so I feel, even worse than losing one's physical health. This is a fine and sensitive collection of words on the subject. Well done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh...this is so sad
A tearful prose
Lovely

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 25, 2011
Last Updated on July 25, 2011
Tags: Life, sad, happy, illness

Author

Raspberry Rebel
Raspberry Rebel

Liverpool, Netherley, United Kingdom



Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Rebecca Rebecca

A Poem by Tate Morgan