The Young True Writers :) : Forum : Tell me A little something abo..

Tell me A little something about you ;)

11 Years Ago

I would like to know a little about each of you. Favorite color? Favorite song? Favorite book authors? Favorite movie? Anything else random you can add.  --Ashley :)

Re: Tell me A little something about you ;)

11 Years Ago

Well, where to start?! My favorite food is... well, I can't decide. I'll name a few; spag bol, carbonara, anything pasta-related, curry, pizza and salad. That pretty much wraps it up! My favorite film/movies depend on what mood I'm in. A few; Tangled, How To Train Your Dragon, A fish called Wanda, The Matrix, AVATAR, etc. I have too many favorites, I'm the kind of person who can never decide on one! My favorite books, now this is easy. Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, Warriors, Artemis Fowl, and Knife. I also quite like Japanese comics and anything Japanese-related. I get my inspiration from Hayao Miyazaki and wish to be an animator like him. My favorite hobbies are drawing, writing and reading. Now what about you? I'd be interested in what you enjoy doing! :)

11 Years Ago

Okay, I love to write and draw more than anything. I use to read a lot, too but I don't seem to have the time anymore with school and everything. But on my spare time I love authors like Nicholas Sparks and James Patterson. I am also a text-a-holic :D My favorite color is pink, since I am a girly girl. :) My favorite song happens to change all of the time. But at this moment it is "Good girl" by: Carrie Underwood or "Drive by" by:Train :)   Oh your response, sounds interesting. You sound like an awesome person :) Thanks for sharing!               Ashley Rivers--Dream BIG and you'll win BIG:)

11 Years Ago

Well, there isn't much that I find worth sharing about myself. I guess it comes with the territory of being excessively shy and mildly...reclusive could be a good word, I suppose. My favorite color is a deep red, like the color of blood. My musical interests are extremely diverse, ranging from screaming metal, to country, to pop. Foreign music is appealing to me sometimes as well. I read so much I can't possibly name my favorites, but some of the ones I enjoy are Richelle Mead, Lauren Oliver, James Patterson, and Lee Child. Bram Stoker's Dracula is another one I like. I am not really a movie person, but anything that could be classified as horror is appealing to me. Other than that, I really have no idea what else is worth sharing. I am fifteen, and my writing is the only way I get my emotions and pains out of my head. I guess you could say that writing is one of the few things that keeps me from going completely crazy. But hey, whatever works, right?

11 Years Ago

My name is Taylor. I live in Virginia and I'm a writer. Ive written for my whole life. I suffer from a major case of dyslexia and its very hard on me sometimes. I love to read, write, sing and draw :) ask if you want to know more.

11 Years Ago

I like cats and butterflies. I'm like to draw. My favorite author would have to be Sherrilyn Kenyon. My favorite movie is the chronicle of Riddic. I have a strange obsession with villains in superhero movies. Oh, and I tend to be a huge video game nerd.

11 Years Ago

I love cats and drawing too :) Interesting. Thanks for sharing.  --Ashley :D

11 Years Ago

James Patterson is indeed a wonderful writer :)Interesting things.I think writing is an excellent way to get all of your emotions out. I do it all of the time :)Thanks for sharing.   -Ashley :D

11 Years Ago

Hi! I'm new to the site, but hopefully you guys will all get to know me pretty soon. :)
My favorite color is blue. My favorite song... Oh, there are tons of them. I think right now it's probably What I've Done by Linkin Park, but next week it could be something by Luke Bryan or Taylor Swift. 
My favorite movie is The Princess Bride. And I don't think I have a favorite author. I'm not really picky about the books that I read, so I've read a lot of different authors. And which one is my favorite depends on my mood. 

You asked for anything random. So here ya go!
I have two brother and two sisters. I'm the second oldest, and in the last three years we've lived in 5 different houses (and we're moving again this summer). 
I love I Love Lucy, and Ronald Reagan is my hero (for my birthday last year I just got TONS of Reagan centennial stuff). 
I'm a cheerleader, going to be a sophomore in HS, and I can't just sit down and watch TV/movie without doing something else at the same time (I have a 3-year-old sister and a 5-year-old brother that have made it very difficult for me to NOT be multitasking). 
I'm very sarcastic, even over the internet (I try to hold back on the internet because no one can hear my tone, but sometimes it slips out anyway).
Oh, and one more thing. I LOVE to talk (but you probably already figured that out). 

11 Years Ago

Fav food, that's a no brainer- hot wings while House of Wax is one of, one of my all time favorite movies. The authors I look up to most is Richelle Mead, Tamora Pierce, and Kim Harrison of course, but there are others. Songwise there are too many (I like rap even Broadway)... randomly I like wolves, anime, and am obsessed with sometimes writing about British people probably cause of Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and many others. I'm me:)

11 Years Ago

Hello! I'm Katie. My screen name DJZelly is a named I've always used on forums and for x-box live. c: My favorite color is Teal! Favorite food is spaghetti. On my honeymoon I had the BEST spaghetti bolognese of my life!!! I haven't succeeded in recreating it yet however. :c My favorite song and genre of music is constantly changing. I love music. Right now I've really been listening to "Little Lion Man - by Mumford and Sons" a lot. One song I listen to everyday when I get ready is "Sunday Morning - by Maroon 5" It always puts me in a good mood.

These are links to the songs lol.

My favorite authors? I've read several books by Jodi Picoult that I really liked. I also enjoy Dean Koontz, Laura & Tracy Hickman and Louis Duncan. I love detective and mystery novels as well as fantasy and adventure novels.

Something I'm not afraid to admit is my love for Video-games. It's a major part of my life and it's inspired my writing for many years. Something random, I have a love for Shakespearean writing. Many things that kids hated to read in high school I greatly enjoyed. Also! I LOVE PUPPIES. lol. And when my husband and I get a place together next year I'm getting myself a puppy. <3

11 Years Ago

Every musical should have one minor character who is aware that everyone is singing and dancing and extremely confused and terrified.

That basically sums me up.

11 Years Ago

Well, I am brand new to this site. I think all I needed was other writers to express myself to :P but anyways, My name is Dustin and I am seventeen. I suffer from a serious addiction to nicotine, I suffer from serious illnesses such as rage issues (forgot what its called, dont really care), depression and mild schizophrenia (like voices and some hallucinations randomly). Overall I am a big teddy bear even though I am feared by some. And (of course) I LOVE to write ... been writing since I could hold and use a pencil :P

That's 'bout it for me ... if I said any more you would think I belong in a looney bin :P

(Sorry I said nothing about my favorite movies, foods etc ... I guess I really dont have any. Food is food and movies are movies, to me :p

11 Years Ago

Hmmm, pretty new here, been writing for a while, with large breaks in-between. Favourite colour is dark red, favourite movie would be district 9, warrior, and of course dark knight/inception.

Favourite book is varied, but after recently reading storm of swords, (song of ice and fire), I would have to say thats way up there. Enjoyed the outsiders a ton as well. Favourite food? Hmm, probably pizza/pasta, shawrma, something like that.

Also a bit of a gamer, play games a decent bit both on PC and consoles. Just submitted the prologue to a story I've been working on for a while. Thanks!

Also forgot to add, I read a decent bit o manga and watch a few anime every once in a while. There are some seriously awesome ones.

Ah forgot to add, I absolutely abhor writing. Typing on the other hand, is seriously awesome.

11 Years Ago

My favorite color: Harry Potter.
My favorite song: Purple
My favorite movie: Richelle Mead
My favorite author: SpongeBob SquarePants
My favorite book: This is the New S**t - Marilyn Manson

Funny thing is: I didn't have to put any of that in order for you to understand what my favorite things are. 

'S up, bros? My name's Brenden, and this, this is Girls Gone Wild! 

I'm gonna have to level with you here, be honest 'n' crap. It's not actually Girls Gone Wild. I'm sorry I lied. It won't happen again, I swear - lying. Anyways, I enjoy writing. It's, well, kinda my passion - surfing, too. You know, it's something I can put myself behind. It's cool, fun. Writing is a great thing to do when the waves are, like, totally bogus. I mean, when I can catch some killer tubes, eff the pencil, gimme a surfboard. I've been writing since I moved to Oahu around the age of twelve. I've gotta say, switching jobs was the best thing Dad ever did. You, believe me, would not believe the major league babes running around out here - I hope you see what I did there. Honestly, some days, it actually is like Girls Gone Wild. Man, not only that though, the scenery is breathtaking. It'll straight up make your eyes water. The white beaches, dense greenery, the rock formations, God, it's like Heaven's waiting room - in a good way, the best way.

I'm totally yanking your chain. (: That was a little sample of my writing. I made that character up on the spot and had fun doing it. Pa-ha, anyways, you already know a few things about me - take my obvious love for character creation as an example. I've been writing for nine years, having just recently made the decision to get serious about it. Bleh, that's all I really wanna say. Oh, right, if you liked that excerpt, cool, you'll like my stuff. If not, I'm sorry I wasted your time. Have a lovely day! :D

11 Years Ago

Favourite colour: Hooloovoo, a superintelligent shade of blue (If you get the reference, you are my new best friend)
Favourite song: Recently got sucked into whole lot of Regina Spektor so anything by her
Favourite book: Harry Potter, of course!
Favourite author: Agatha Christie
Anything random: Well, if you noticed, I'm not American. I'm from New Zealand, but currently residing in Massachusetts. I'm a sophomore in high school right now.

11 Years Ago

Hi, I've been part of the site for a while but I haven't been a consistent member. Um, my favorites change quite a bit, or maybe I am too indecisive on what I like... I like a lot of things. :) Right now, I am loving Asian foreign films. My latest favorite is a movie titled "Breath" by Ki-duk Kim (Korean film, 2007). The use of silence and subtle facial expressions really bring out the fragility of love and pain in that film; I could watch it over and over and each time, I'd still feel that torturous pang in my chest from such twisted love. It's great. My choice in films and books always center on the Story... I don't care if it has the most cutting edge graphics or portrays the latest gripping author, the Story is always my greatest concern. My craft focuses on poetry. I like silence in poetry, if that means anything to anyone. Simplicity and meaning, that's all I need for a great poem; and that's how I tend to write... One last thing, it's good to meet you all. I have a handful of poems posted onto this site. If you want to read them, please, be my guest. I think you might like one of them, at the very least. <3 -Soy

11 Years Ago

Favourite colour is purple. Favourite song is a difficult one, since I listen to so many genres. Terry Pratchett is a really big inspiration in my life, and his books led me to be interested in writing my own stories.
Originally I drew manga, since I was a young boy, but I started writing a story one day at school (something to do instead of revising) and I've been doing it since.
I write and work with a team of game developers. It's awesome.

11 Years Ago

Well my favorite color is Green. My favorite movie is GI Jane. I don't have a favorite book because I read too much. I have an awesome black lab who's GINORMOUS. Favorite song depends on the moment, right now I'm hooked on Broken heart by Motion City Soundtrack. And I play French Horn. Sooo yeah.... That's me