..:: || A World Within || ::.. : Forum : Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself

11 Years Ago

Welcome to A World Within! The first thing that I wish for all members of this group to do is introduce yourselves here. Tell us a bit about who you are, why you write, and exactly how long you've been writing. Maybe who your inspiration is, what your goals as a writer are. Just give us a feel of who you are. Once again, welcome to the group! ^^

Re: Introduce Yourself

11 Years Ago

I'll start this off. You can call me either MachinaWriter, or simply MW. I'm young, only 20 years old, but don't let my age fool you. I'm a very passionate writer, with a strong desire to learn as much as possible. My chosen genre is fantasy, clearly, though not of the traditional Tolkein variety. I do, however, almost always have magic in my stories and they are always in worlds of my own creation. 

Building worlds, cultures, cities and whole people is what draws me to fantasy over any other genre out there. I can shape it the way I want to, create its history and its future. And though my worlds are usually of an immense size, with great detail, my stories tend to look at it from a smaller perspective. Its the characters individual world that I write about. 

My goals as a fiction writer are to eventually publish one of my novels. Until then, I strive to learn as much as I can about the art. There is always more I can learn. When it publishes, I don't care whether or not it makes a lot of money or if I become famous. That's not my goal. My goal is to leave my story out there, so that after I am gone, my mind will still remain. Because these stories are a reflection of me. My goal is immortality, in the only way that I know to achieve it.