A Novel Review : Forum : Introductions

Introductions

14 Years Ago

It occured to me today that I should probably have a spot for newcomers to pop in and talk amongst themselves (despite the fact that there isn't, in fact, a new member to be found since I created this group).  Introduce yourself!  Tell us who you are, why you're here, what you write, and WHY you write.  Say anything at all!

Here, I'll begin:

My name is Jessica.  Like I said in the group summary, it is very difficult for me to tell a short story.  I'm one of those people you meet who takes forever to tell a story.  Not to get to the point, mind you!  My listeners love sitting in on my tales.  I like to think of myself as a good storyteller; there's plenty of action and hook in what I'm saying.  It just takes forever to say it all; there's so much to tell!  I love details.  And I'm rambling now.  See what I mean?

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Aha!  I take back what I said.  There is indeed a new member.  This makes me happy!  =]

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Hey, it's great to be here!  My name is Stephanie, and I write about people living in authoritarian states.  I'm strongly influenced by Cold War literature.  George Orwell is my hero.  I've been writing fiction for sixteen years, so I ought to know what I'm doing by now, and when I don't, feel free to tell me so.  I hope to find the time to review at least some of everyone's work these next few days.  It should be awesome.

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Hello Stephanie!

Well, even after 16 years, there's still so much to learn, but I'm sure you've got a handle on what you're doing by now.  I look forward to reading some of your stuff!

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Oh, definitely!  The longer I write, the more I realize how much I have to learn from other writers.  That's one reason why writers' communities are so amazing!

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I agree!  I've just recently joined Writer's Cafe, and so far I am pleased.  In the first 2 days, I received more feedback on my writing than one year with Fiction Press!

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Congratulations!  That's great!  I haven't been on here long either, and I'm very pleased with the atmosphere.  

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Hello! I'm new to the community as well. I'm still looking around at everything, but I really like it, and the atmosphere is indeed welcoming and positive. It will certainly help the process to be amongst people with the same interests. 

I am just beginning to write for the purpose of releasing something. I've written things for my own personal fulfillment up to this point. I'm currently working on something that I hope to have done by December. But who knows, as long as it takes to do it right. I've posted some rough bits on here and will keep doing it, and I appreciate the feedback you gave me Stephanotis :)  

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Hi

I'm a new member!

I will post a couple of chapters of my novel on here for any brave people to have a look at. The two are from one character's viewpoint so hopefully they thread together ok. I will save the rest for now.

I'm only half way though and havent started the editing process yet so it is early days. I am about 60000 sequencial words so far as well as some of the later chapters written; so I'm doing ok.

I'm mainly posting on here for encouragement to keep going in my lifetime ambition of writing a story / book. I will appreciate any comments, encouragement or critiques. The story is very English, so apologies at the begining of you dont get the cultural references.

I will also read through some of the work posted here and offer my own encouragement and support.

Take care everyone and may the words flow.......

Love

Kevin x

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Hi there,
         Im a new comer, my name is Andrea but i go by Andy. I don't always write for my self, i write for those who can't speak for them selves. I mainly write poetry because i dont think im that good at books or novels, but if i do write a book or whatever its mainly horror and teen life. I like to write from others perspective to show how people truly feel. ^_^
         Ok but a little about my self, I'm 16 years old, i live with my Dad in Florida but visit my Mum on vay-kay's in New York. I love to be around people, I studying to become a counselor for Children or maybe people who have been victimized. I have strong feelings towords things, which you will see in my writing. I'm afraid of posting my work because I feel like its not good enough, but i do love to write.
         I'm going to try to post up some of my chapters here to see what you all think.^_^

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Welcome everyone!  Submit your writing, so I can approve it for posting in the group page!  Plenty of reviews to go around~

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Heyy, y'all!! (I'm not from the south, I just like talkin' in the accent. Heheh.)

I'm Brooke, but, my nickname is Brookel. So, feel free to call me that. Well, lets see. I'm not too fond of telling my age on the internet, so let's skip that for now, and, well, I obviously love to write. I'm a big Twilight fan, and I've written a few fanfics about it. Yes, one of them is quite a long story... Hence why I'm in this group =P I mostly write fantasy or about the Supernatural, things like that. Yeah, um... Wow. I seriously can't think of anything about me, really. It's always been kinda difficult for me to explain about me, when I'm new somewhere. It's weird. And I don't understand WHY; I mean, I'm not like, this really complicated person. Just your average, different, sarcastic teenage girl. Hey, that works!!

... Well, that just gave out my age, didn't it?

Yeeeaahhh..... So, I'll see you around! I strongly encourage y'all to please review my writing, so, please do! It would mean alot. =)

~ Brookel

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Hey Brooke!

I'm glad you decided to join my group!  I'm not too big a fan of fanfics, I feel like the original author did all the work of developing the characters and people just put those premade templates in new storylines.  I'd like to focus this group more on original works of fiction, so feel free to post any original works you've created!

There are lots of friendly faces here to help you feel right at home, so don't be shy!

Welcome,

Jessica

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Hello, I just joined the site about 15 minutes ago.  I'm pretty shy about posting on unfamiliar forums (odd, I know), but this group looks like a good place to start!  I'm not entirely sure how this thing works yet, so if I mess up, please don't bite my face off, haha.

Let's see.  I'm 26, and I've been writing since I was about 15 or so.  I've never finished a project and I am terrible at short stories!  I love characters and working with them.  I haven't had much feedback on my writing, so I'm looking forward to getting it reviewed, if any of you would be so kind. :3

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Hello, everyone. I'm an Aussie teen who is a big fantasy reader. I find it difficult to write short stories so I tend to take slices from novels I'm planning or in the midst of writing to make them, since I don't have to create characters I don't care enough about to write in a small amount of words and then throw away.

I would love to get published, and Ann Elise Monte is the penname I plan to use if it ever happens. My real name is Annalyce and, coupled with an annoyingly difficult surname, is a pain in the neck. People keep forgetting how to spell it.

I only joined Writers Cafe a month or two ago, and I like the atmosphere...and the competitions. I can be incredibly competitive when I want to be.

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Annette and Ann Elise, so good to have you join the group!  Sorry for the delayed welcome!