Anti-psychiatry : Forum : Anti-Psychiatry - A Definition

Anti-Psychiatry - A Definition

16 Years Ago

Psychiatry differs from Psychoanalysis, Psychotherapy and Psychology:

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I am not sure that I care for the definitions when it is all quackery, and mind control. I know what the definitions are since I have a Masters degree in Education and my undergraduate degree is in psychology, they are wrong and they have no real truth behind them lots of false perceptions. I think I would have to direct you to read the hunger strike update. Then perhaps we can talk about that?

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

No one can or will be able to answer the Hunger Strikers Request or Questions:

1. Evidence That Clearly Establishes the validity of "schizophrenia", "depression", or any other "major mental Illnesses" as biologically-based brain diseases.

2. Evidence For A Physical Diagnostic Exam such as a scan or test of the brain, blood, urine, genes, etc that can reliably distinguish individuals with these diagnoses (prior to treatment with psychiatric drugs), from individuals without these diagnoses.

3. Evidence For a Base-line Standard of a neurochemically balanced "normal" personality, against which a neurochemical "imbalance" can be measured and corrected by pharmaceutical means.

4. Evidence That Any Psychotropic Drug can correct a "chemical imbalance" attributed to a psychiatric diagnoses, and is any thing more than a non-specific alterer of physiology.

5. Evidence That Any Psychotropic Drug can reliably decrease the likelihood of violence or suicide.

6. Evidence That Psychotropic Drugs do not in fact increase the overall likelihood of violence and suicide.