Artemon : Forum : Personals

Personals

16 Years Ago

OK i'll start...

I live in Brookhaven, MS. Married. Six kids. Yours, mine, ours. LoL
I'm a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit at University of Mississippi Medical Center.
I sing, play guitar and piano, draw, read, write, and work haha.
I like to go for long walks...oh wait...wrong forum (LoL j/k)

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I live in Richmond, KY. I'm married and have 3 kids. I dress them all funny on the weekends. We have a couple of different time periods in which we do living history. I work in the Quality Department of a good sized manufacturer.

I actually consider myself more of a reader than a writer. I about fell out of my chair when I opened the group. Guess I ought to change my profile information to something a little less goofy . . . I look forward to getting to know all of you better.

Emily

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Female, thirty something, I live in a very small town with a population of around 200. Around 15 kilometers from a town called Daylesford, Victoria, Australia.

I am a nurse however have not worked in a nursing role now for almost three years in any committed capacity, I�ll hang before I ever go back fulltime lol, kidding. I work very occasionally on night shift and never around the full moon, so I don�t have to work all that much and can read instead, while everyone sleeps.

I attend university full time (3-4 days a weeks is considered full time), and figure its going to own me until around 2012, and like that thought.

I have a daughter.

I sing, I play but not well the saxophone, guitar, piano and a very uncool Scottish instrument.

I�m highly dysfunctional, opinionated, antisocial, and all those negative things, and I�m also highly functional, unopinionated, and social. I love my own company and at least every two months receive email from friends asking me if I�m still alive. I often don�t answer the phone, I spend so many hours at the computer, its my best contact point, also has something to do with my oldest and dearest friends living some distance away, and all but two members of my family with their extended family living abroad and interstate.

I like to write, and often not about myself.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I'm single, always have been, whether I wanted to be or not. I work in a medical business office in Green Bay, WI, where Lambeau Field is considered a shrine. I graduated from UWGB just a few years ago. I was a non-traditional student, first attending college due to an injury on a blue collar job. I returned to finish college due to another disability at that time--a kidney condition. I studied English lit and creative writing. I spend almost all my spare time reading or writing.

I do spend weekends with James, my Little Brother through the United Way program, though we are not officially in the program anymore, as he is now 23. The program ends when he turned 18. We play a lot of bocce, some video games, and race Hotwheels. I recently obtained a calico from the Humane Society, and I am surprised at how my attention I must pay her, whether I want to or not.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

First of all, thank you Ronnie for introducing me to the site.
Second: I'm an actor. I left my home state of Mississippi back in 2002 after college to follow a career in theatre and went from MS to West Virginia to North Carolina to Washington DC to New York City and back to North Carolina. In two months, I'm headed back to DC. I've also worked as a director, performed a few solo acoustic gigs, did some stunt-work, and supplemented income as a scenic carpenter, substitute teacher and freelance photographer. I suppose I'm the old stereotype of a jack of all trades. But, I assure you, definately the king of none.
I have two wonderful kids who live back in Mississippi and mean everything to me.
I began writing after listening to "The Doors" movie soundtrack when I was about 14 or so and haven't stopped since. I went on to college and got my degree in English w/ concentrations in British Lit and creative writing and minored in theatre.
I got too many hobbies to list. But a few: writing (go figure), writing music too, playing guitar, singing, hiking, camping, reading, crossword puzzles (it's an addiction), and cooking.
What can I say?...I'm a lover of the word, the women, and the wee--, wait...can I say that here? What I mean to say was I'm a lover of the word, the women, and the whiske--, no...that's not right either...

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I'm a christian who tries quite often to come to terms with belief and litterature.
I'll be 26 next month. I have a degree in management. I work as a specialized clerk for Whitney National Bank (My current empoyer in Louisiana-New Orleans).

I play a little piano (Not a small piano but the capacity with which a can play..). I write a bit and want to make movies. I am also a very competitive person and want to make enough money to be able to singlehandedly support a family. (Yes folks, I am currently single and will probably remain that way for some time.)

I love friendship and conversations.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Wow, you all make me feel young, and unwelcome. I'm 16. I just finished my eleventh grade, and surprisingly enough my favorite class is Biology right now. I've studied world history, not in depth, but enough to get my way around - not to mention my mother has a library chalk full of interesting books about.. well everything history has to offer.

I'm single. (surprise =P) Uh, I'm not very musically oriented, though I played the trumpet for a while, and have always wanted to learn the drums. Why? First off, my family was only able to offer my older brother a musical education - which mind you ended up nowhere - and I've never had the opportunity. I love, on the other hand, listening to music, and though I tend to call myself a metal head (purely based on the fact that I listen to a variety of metal, which most people don't) but I also listen to just about anything. For some odd reason (my uncle, who IS an odd person), my computer has maybe every single inch of musical evolution since maybe the 50s up to maybe the early 90s. So I tend to let myself get lost in that, often.

Uh, I like to write because I love words, especially english ones. I do on the other hand, speak french very well - and I underline speak here, because written french is a whole other story... I've also a bit of Bulgarian in my vernacular.

I don't read extensively. No children - I hope. Oh and I'll be gone tomorrow for a long time (apparently it's until the end of august now..)

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Age has nothing to do with experience. And I would hope that experience has nothing to do with welcome. I've only really been writing for a few months. ::biggrin:: It could be that you're way ahead of me.

I wouldn't have guessed you at 16 by our conversations, anyway.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Agreed Emily! Your age has nothing to do with your welcome in this group...or your interests for that matter...I kinda view Artemon as a varied group of writers who love originality and good story-telling.

I guessed you as young but not quite that young too btw.

I am also a metal head ::biggrin:: but i love many kinds of music (except country or rap/hiphop/r&b...i'm VERY selective on those genres)

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Unwelcome? Why?
Shakes head ::confused::

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Ronnie, I'd have to back you up tenfolds on the selectivity there. And it was just a thought being as I'm maybe not up to par with most when it comes to just general knowledge and university studies. Plus I'm leaving for a long while and I just got here, how rude!

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

well, we'll save your spot...don't worry...and we look forward to your return.
use the ol pen and pad while you're gone ::biggrin::

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I tried to get some pieces in but I was quite the busy man when I was gone... And we're talking 24 hours every single day of the week.. Let's say I was living with about 20 other people.