Aspiring New Authors : Forum : New Members!!!

!!!New Members!!! - READ FIRST PLEASE

15 Years Ago

Welcome all, and thank you for joining  Aspiring New Authors! Please feel free to make posts on our forums tab, or sharing common interests etc.

Each week another writer, and new piece from A.N.A. will be selected for our "Features" page. So please take advantage of posting all your favorite work!

And while your here, please take the time to tell us about yourself!

- Nataliya

Nataliya Maize

15 Years Ago

Ok I'll go first...

I am a stay at home mother of two, currently residing in Moreno Valley, California continues to work on my little "work in progress" its the first book of what I hope to be a small series called "The Gatekeeper Chronicles".

I was born in Westminster, California in 1982, where I acquired my first inspirations of becoming a fictional story writer as a young child. It was after attending a school assemble at Mabel Carver Elementary School, in Stanton, California. It was there that I was introduced to a children's performance company called "The Imagination Machine", and in which I later strived to write a short story that would one year be preformed by the yearly visits of the performing company. Two years later I had finally achieved my childhood goal and wrote a short story that was personally selected and performed on stage by the performing company during the following year school assembly. I was later awarded for for my written work, and from then continued to write, whenever the chance was given.

After moving with my parents to Menifee, California, some years later, I attend Paloma Valley High School, and later joined the school newspaper committee during my junior and senior year; along with signing up to become a local TV News reporter for a local News Station located in Riverside, California, - "R.C.N. TV News" directed by Michael Perry.

Still, I longed to become a fictional author one day, and so I continued writing through poetry, and other short stories. It was in year 2000 that I would finally become published in two books at the age of seventeen, for a poem I wrote called "Freed". This poem was published in two books "Live Poets Society of NJ - American High School Poets Regional Winners 2000"; and also in "From the Mountain Top" published in the summer of 2000.

Later I attended a creative writing course at the community college of Mt. San Jacinto, in Menifee, California. I received my first bit of inspiration to write the prelude, and introductory chapter to my current writings of "The Gatekeeper Chronicles".

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I have far less to offer to my bio, but still why not:

I was born in Prague, Czech Republic in 1990. I jumped into writing through a discussion on a forum on an Internet game. I had no idea how to write, only stories to tell. It was all fan fiction, but four years ago I started to make moves toward original fiction which I'm writing now.

The main reasons to continue writing, move toward original fiction and start writing in English instead of Czech happened during my two year stay in USA at Edgemond Junior-Senior High in New York, where I was encouraged to write.

From that I started to write, but I was crushed when all my work vanished due to a computer failure. Still that didn't stopped me and I started from scratch making what is today known as 'Struggle for Balance' which I hope I'll manage to finish in full glory which I imagine it.

When I returned back to Czech I did also some writing in Czech for few contests. Pack of my stories manage to make it into the top 20 in national contest where readers were rating the stories (but I think the entire contest was a bit corrupted - not that I'm disappointed with my 18th place, I didn't even hoped for that).

I continue to write fan fiction, but I'm more concentrated on Struggle for Balance witch right now has one story that will with hopefully make it into graphic-novel which will be published in small number between Czech and few international fans.

In the meantime I also continue to work on my main story, but that is getting harder as the time is against me. I hope that here on writer's cafe I'll find motivation to make more time to finish as much as I can.

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Hi All,

I'm a new writer but I've always had a wild imagination.  I started writing two years ago and I'm almost finished with my first book.  I live in Seattle, but my husand and our two young girls are thinking about moving to the east coast.  I found this site and thought I could get some constructive outlooks along with reading others work and keeping my inspiration going. 

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Hi my name is Vincent A. Beasley. The "A." stands for Alex. I've been creating stories and ideas in my head for 6 plus years now. And not just little ones. I've been working on most of them for the whole time. Anyway, I'm actually a newbie when it comes to the writing part. I never started before because, well, I guess I was lazy lol. But I decided that I wanted to be a real writer, so I got my butt in gear lol.