Authorpreneur : Forum : Collective Blogs

Collective Blogs

17 Years Ago

Now that we have couple of blogs to work on let's share on this thread updates, suggestions and ideas.

Learning to use this medium to reach our audience is very important on the development of the blogs. I wanted to share with you the categories we have at The Book's Den blog in order to keep the posts varied and organized for our readers. Please feel free to suggest other categories that you think might be helpful to include. Notice we have some categories in Spanish since there is a group of hispanic authors that will join us soon.

Categories Current List
# Anuncios de Prensa
# Articles
# Articulos
# Author's Bio
# Authors on Tour
# Autores
# Blog Contributors
# Blogroll
# Book
# Book Reviews
# Book Signings
# Categories
# Concursos y Presentaciones
# Contests
# Essays
# Ficcion
# Fiction
# Historias y Cuentos
# In the News
# Links
# Most Popular
# New Book Release
# No Ficcion
# Nonficition
# Nuevos Libros
# Poemas
# Poesia
# Poetry
# Press Releases
# Publishing
# Sidebar Widgets
# Stories
# The Book's Den Newsletter
# The Writing Life
# Vida del Escritor

Like I mentioned before the limit of contributors will be at 15 authors to give everyone a chance to participate and expose their work. Once I have 15 authors we will work on developing some kind of schedule so that each one contributes at least 2 blog entries a month. You are free to post more if you so desire but by having 2 blogs per author we will have new content on the blog everyday which is important for search engines and driving traffic to our blog. Don't forget to include your name and links at the end of each blog entry.

Happy New Year everyone!

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hi Clary, Happy New Year!

I like the rotation, that is important, I think. I'm fine for 2 times a month.

With the newsletter, how about having a section on book clubs, if that's not there already (I didn't see it, but I may have missed it). Anything that would be of interest specifically to readers that aren't writers could work.

The categories look great, I can't think of anything to add to that.

Everyone:
For writersgroupblog.wordpress:

Name: The Writers' Block has two votes so far. If there's no other feedback, we can go with that one.

Posts: While posting about your work is primary, don't forget that you can post about other things as well. If we exercise common sense and professionalism, it shouldn't be a problem. Any objections as to what should & shouldn't be posted?

Bios, pictures: Still need more of those, for the blog itself & the release.

Hope everyone's doing well!

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Thanks for the suggestions on Book Clubs for the newsletter, I had it on the categories for blog entries, but the newsletter will also work.

As soon as we get 15 blog contributors we will work on a "schedule" to have everyone contribute their minimum two blog entries a month and have a new entry every single day, it is important for search engines and driving traffic to the blog. In the meantime those who are already registered feel free to post. You can post more if you so desire or if you have an announcement to make, that is not a problem.

Please make sure to include your name, links, pics or whatever you want on your entry, for some reason Wordpress only includes the link of the contributor who comments.

As soon as we get all our contributors and we get a good amount of entries I will prepare a Press Release. So start preparing your entries, make them interesting and let your readers know your writing style, that's what is going to bring them back.

Looking forward to a successful 2007!

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Well, we have gone a long way already and I want to thank all of you who are participating in the collective blogs. We are getting to the point to start making some publicity and drive traffic to the blog. Feel free to continue with your postings and comment on the entries.

For those of you who are contributors to The Book's Den, I created a new page called Bookshelf in which I'll display your book linked to where readers can order it. I'll need a brief description, genre and the link to your book. Please forward that information to me as soon as possible to [email protected].

I will be adding more features to the blog as the days go by so make sure you stop by and check what is going on. If you have any suggestions and ideas please let me know, we are on this together.

To our success!

The Book's Den

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Update:

I finally figured out how to include the RSS to the blog in order for readers to register with their news reader and be notified about new entries on our blog. I'll keep you updated on the feed's subscribers.

I also added a short blog description and what's about, tell me what you think.

Please take the time to visit, comment and post entries. The schedule will be worked on pretty soon. Please let me know which days are best for you and we will go from there.

Have a great weekend everyone!

The Book's Den
Free Book Promotion
My Official Site

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I'm glad you were able to get the RSS to work!

The blog looks great, looking forward to the schedule.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hello,

If you haven't visited The Book's Den today please doso and read the blog
entry I just did.

In order to encourage Book Clubs to select our books I thought it would be
a good idea for them to know where we are located for possible book
discussions with them.

Please let me know your locations, town and state, to add to the Meet the
Author section. I believe this will be key to promote our blog and our
books. Tell me what you think.

Traffic to the blog has slowed down since we didn't have any new entries
in couple of days. I think we should start with a schedule so that this
doesn't happen. We have 13 authors and I guess some of us will have to do
more than two entries a month so if you are willing to do that let me
know. Let me know your day preferences in order to prepare it.

Talk to you soon,

Clary
htt://booksden.wordpress.com

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I think a schedule is a wonderful idea. I'll take any day, but not sure if I can do 2 articles every month. Probably, but don't want to make a firm commitment with my schedule as it is right now.

Thanks,
Jill

Jill Terry
Northeast Florida
Specializing in Poetry, Romantic Suspense, Paranormal and Mystery

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I think this is a great idea! Can't wait to get started...

Taryn