Bad A*s Poets Talking S**t : Forum : i challenge.....YOU!

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
E

i challenge.....YOU!

17 Years Ago

i've run over V with this, and he thinks the idea is dope, so i want some feedback from the rest of you bad asses.

i've posted a piece, and i want to challenge another writer to compose a flip side to what i wrote.

now, it doesn't have to be a specific writer [altho V thinks it would be interesting to put someone on the spot]. i don't have to pin-point someone, unless i think they would hit he ground running with it (and have probably PM'd them first), but some people DO kind of wig out if you put them on the spot with something like that.

but we could have a thing running where people could challenge the whole of the bad asses, and someone in the group could call dibs on the specific piece, and write the opposing piece to it. you could even have another person join sides with the FIRST writer and mack it all up. start a riot. f**k yeah.

i just think it would be COOL to have 2 different VOICES attacking the same POEM. obvioiusly with different point's of view, different voices, and different histories, etc.

the piece i did is my "when words aren't enough..." i'd really like to hear a male voice counter it, see what his side of the story is, but a female voice couple prove excelent as well.

so what do you guys think?

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I'm down with this idea. And I agree, I think it would be best to NOT pick people. Pressure can only end in bad poetry. Can we choose poems we have already written for people to oppose? (I'm wondering because I have one, maybe two, that could be great for this assignment.)

Great idea!!
-Caitlin

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I think that sounds awesome Pip. And I tend to agree with Vince, put someone on the spot. You call it out darlin'

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I kinda liked being on the spot... even though I'm not that great of a poet...I would like to see how this works the 1st time around before I try it. (cowardly I know...)
V

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

consider dibs called on Pip...lets see what i just got myself into...
V

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

and i'm done Pip.... I tried to keep flow and use some of your wrod play to keep in sync with the original, i still ended up an a*s though, the guy basically left you for not having sex with him, it was a little hard to redeem that and get the reader to like me even a lil bit...lol

Nice f*****g challenge...who's next...

V

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I'm up for it...let's do this! Alrighty, who want to go head to head with me? lol.
E

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

ah ha this is so f*****g awesome, i'm glad it's taking wing.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Ooo this is going to be funnnnnnnnnnnn.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I'm down for it. :D
E

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

been thinking.... danja ;)

i think it will be best to peg someone to your story. otherwise we'll all spend loads of time skimming around looking for a "challenge". if you'd rather it work that way, cool. but if you really want it to happen, peg someone, and SEND THEM YOUR WORK

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I have something that's been in my head since last night... when I was asleep (or semi)..the words started to form. But I'm not sure if it applies to this (per se)..I think someone could tell the story from differnt view (wait...that was the idea..I think) I know who I want to challege...yeah I want to call them out.

So...do I title it after them (to get their attention)? or do I just send it beforehand?

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

This might be quite fun. I'm game.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hey, Angel - post your work, then send the challenge through a pm

AND post the challenge on this thread. How 'bout that?

I'm linking up the challenges with the responses in a separate thread, so please keep me in the loop. Thanks.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

im a little behind everyone, but i'm in too - keep me in the loop! i love pressure and a challenge.