Blood At The Midnight Hour : Forum : Contests

Contests

15 Years Ago

Leave your thoughts and ideas for a contest here!

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Just a few possible themes for future contests. How about a piece in homage to the vampire story or poem? You know, regarding what we like about this genre? Or, some writing which is set in modern society, but involves vampires? The most chilling ghost story ever, perhaps? This might sound too far out, but how about some writing in which a friend or relative becomes one of the undead! How would you handle that scenario, for example?

The possibilities are endless! What do the rest of you think?

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I've created a new contest for this group. It's called MIDNIGHT HOUR: exercise your imagination. Check it out.

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I saw that! Good thinking! :)

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Ok I have another idea. What if I picked like five random topics and contestants had to choose one of the five to write about?

Any ideas on what the topics should be?

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Can we get out of the whole Vamp thing. there are other things out there that go BUMP in the night! Maybe I'm just not a big fan of it, or maybe it's been used to much by Hollywood. I not againt it. I just feel that poeple should stop following the trend and go beyond the Unearthly evil of the Supernatural. Like a couple years back in was the Zombie craze. How about some mad men. Or just natural elements. I think that maybe you should try a contest with an over all of horror and terror.

Just a thought!

Alex Blodgett

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Honestly, I don't like to write at all about vampires. The vampire genre isn't just difficult because of sooooo many cliche's surrounding it, but I think It's just hard to write anything worth reading, especially since the whole twilight craze. Same goes with zombies, ghosts, werewolves (althought not as much), almost EVERY type of horror story has a ton of cliches surrounding it to be avoided. The horror genre itself is stale, in my opinion. Even Stephen King is getting rusty.

In response to your, "too much vampires, lets toss that out". I think it's not that this is a vampire writting group, just that it is filled with vampire fiction fans.

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I read a 1 sentence horror story posted by Gini. I thought it was very imaginitive and image invoking despite its shortness. I think a contest to write the best or scariest 1 sentence horror story would be an interesting exercise.