Blood At The Midnight Hour : Forum : It's a work in need of progres..

It's a work in need of progress

15 Years Ago

I hate that this idea came at possibly the worst period in all of history, but I just can't get it off my mind. Vampires are great to write about, and there is a lot of flexibility with what you can do with them and how you portray them. But I hate that.

Vampires should consist of more realism, and a bit less black romantacism, and a whole lot less of being tramped around as a springboard for shaky writing. Having a love story about a mind-reader and an accident prone girl would be a little hard to respect, but add vampires to the mix and there is a whole lot more credibility.

I propose a vampire novel to revoke all such handicaps. The vampire has no unnatural strength. No supernatural agility. Is not consumed with bloodthirst and unable to control his urges. No additional gimmicks from the fantasy realm to spice things up.

I want a vampire that is still paying child support for the child he fathered two years before he was changed. I want a vampire that has a job and pays real bills. Not a rich aristo sitting around in a mansion wearing a turtle-neck. He's nervous around girls and pissed about the long lines at banks. He is inconvenienced by being a vampire, but has the human quality of swallowing whatever s**t life fills his plate with.

I want to know how this sounds to anyone that listens. Add or criticize, either would be great. I just want to get this awkward vampire on paper.

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Then do it. The stuff I post on here may be for some people to enjoy and for others to criticize. But in the end, it's me that I write for.

The novel I just finished goes against the stereotypical werewolf (i.e. - turning on full moons, dealthy allergic to silver, etc.). So I think if you want to break the stereotype, then you should go for it.

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

In that case, you should read my story The Hunger. You might like it.