Character Creation : Forum : What would you do with a hidde..

[reply] [quote]

What would you do with a hidden pirate's treasure?

11 Years Ago

Okay, so I might write a story where a bunch of people are looking for a pirates treasure or something like that. (I KNOW it's cliche, don't get on to me for that. I'm going to make up for it in other areas of the book. I know what I'm doing, so don't hate on me.) Anyway, I usually start coming up with stories by developing the characters. I already have one character, but I need the rest of the group. The character I have already figured out is going to find the treasure because his dad is the king or whatever and he is just a scrawny little kid and his dad is big and tough and thinks that his son will never make a good king because he isn't strong enough, etc. So he goes on the quest to prove himself to his dad. The other characters are after the treasure for the money. I just need to think of why they need the money. So what would each character do with their share of the treasure?
[reply] [quote]

Re: What would you do with a hidden pirate's treasure?

11 Years Ago

Well, you could make one character super poor. :) I know that if I heard about treasure (and I am poor, by the way) then I'd hop on board.
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

I would takd the gold, and pay for a way to see my gf. Long distance relationship
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

I would throw in a female character that wants to go on an adventure like that just to prove that she's tough. Maybe also have her back story be that she is the eldest out of a family of all girls & she's trying to help her family by finding the treasure. Maybe even throw a little romance in there with the main character? haha I dunno just throwing that out there. ;)
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

Already cliche, but here's one more. Consider one blind pirate/member of the team, who is blind (and I don't know if you're story's fantasy or not), but one chest in the treasure is full of people's eyes (disgusting?). So that character, who is blind but strong and important in some other way, wants his/her eyes back, as the chest has not only his eyes, but of some other people, turned into gold by magic, due to something they did. Sorry, foolish I know, but I'm also fooling around, ok. But do tell me how it sounded? :p Best luck for your story.