Character Creation : Forum : Please help

[reply] [quote]

Please help

11 Years Ago

So I'm writing this book, "for the watching lies", and the main character is an insane prostitue. Really she's like no other character, ever. She beleives in a god, but it's her own view of god. It's close to Yawhey becasue I used to be a christian. But the actual woman, idk what to do with her. I want the book to be horror, and I was thinking to find some way to make it a survival horror, and introduce a new sub genre of horror with it I like to call "Disturbia" where it's purpose is to be as shocking, violent, and disturbing as it can. It's meant to be crossbreaded with any other sub genre of horror, or any other genre. So guys, how do you think I should go about this? Do you think it's smart to turn it into a survival horror? Please answer, and if you want to *which you really should* check out "For the Watching Lies". The character has a very different unique nature about herself
[reply] [quote]

Re: Please help

11 Years Ago

What if she were to play the role of an accidental Nephilim, in the sense that it is discovered through the shady part of her business that she is also being tracked.... and reverses the idea of being a target for being watched and finds out her own place in who she is, where she comes from, and what she is destined to do, but it never being as clear as day. It takes intuition and street smarts.... so she's halfway there to understanding how to read people, position her loyalties to heart and common sense, and maybe she learns to play a "hero's role" in changing how her life has been going. Along that way, there is always the opportunity to throw in something dark that reminds her how vulnerable she is to depression or anger, but learns to use it for either hate or exposing the darkness to those who have the power to change it. -Mark