Creative Writer's Prompt : Forum : WELCOME!

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ATG
[reply] [quote]

WELCOME!

12 Years Ago

Welcome to the group!   For those who don't already know, the point of this group is to help with writing by creating writing prompts for everyone in the group to write for if they want.   The prompts can be a list of words to use in the piece, a specific idea, or just a random thought.   Every two weeks a new prompt goes up and everyone who cares to participate, must write something before the two week deadline.    If you would like, you can submit the work to be posted to the group homepage after you are done.   Any work is allowed.   Poems, screenplays, stories, books, chapters, anything.     It just has to be linked to the prompt.   What I mean by linked is that the story has to, in some justifiable way, be linked to the current prompt.   For example, say the prompt is this.   Example of prompt: "Write something involving a house."   You can write a poem literally about your house, you can write an abstract story involving a house attacking other houses, or you can write a book where one particular house which is the main setting to a dramatic love story.     The prompt can be as literal or as figurative as you want it be.   The point of the prompt is to have fun, get new ideas, and write something orginal.   The group is NOT about being strict and following the prompt to the letter unless you want to follow the prompt to the letter.   When you are done writing, you may submit your work to the group homepage.   Just click on writing, pick the ttile of your work for the prompt, and submit it.   Note for posting up books: It is preferred you post the entire book or just one sample chapter to the group homepage.   Do NOT spam your work by posting all the chapters in your book.   Remember, the group is for everyone, not just you.   The main reasons for this group is to have fun and help give you starting points for new ideas.   If you have any questions about the group, conatact me.   I created the group and know how it works.  Here is a link to my profile.     Remember, have fun and keep writing.   ---ATG