Creative Writer's Prompt : Forum : Writing Prompt for March 9th, ..

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ATG
[reply] [quote]

Writing Prompt for March 9th, 2012

12 Years Ago

This prompt is focused on phobias.   Pick at least one of these phobias and write something about it.  You may pick more than one if you want.   1.   Ablutophobia (Fear of bathing, washing, and/or cleaning)   2.  Mysophobia (Fear of germs, contamination, and/ or dirt)   3.  Xyrophobia (Fear of razors and razor like objects)   4.   Pyrophobia (Fear of fire and being set on fire)   Note that you can take the idea of a phobia literally or figuratively.   What I mean by that is you can write something focusing on the phobia or you can write something the would make a person with that phobia be nervous reading your work.   For example, you can write a story about someone with pyrophobia or you can write a story about demons that breath fire which would scare a pyrophobe.   The piece can be about anything and can be any form of writing just as long as you can link it to one of the phobias and justify your piece of writing representing the phobia in some way.   Remember, be creative and try to think outside the box.   Do not take the phobia thing too literally and justify your thoughts for your work.   For those who want a challenge, write something for each phobia.   For those who want an extreme challenge, write one piece involving all 4 phobias.   I will be writing something for all 4 phobias and will post each one on the home page.   I have one on there right now called "The Thing in the Basement" which uses the phobias mysophobia and ablutophobia as inspiration and part of the story.  If you would like an example of how to write a story for this prompt, feel free to check it out.   I will probably post a poem up there and another story as well so feel free to read them when they are posted to see how I did it.   If you have any questions about the prompt, contact me.     ---ATG