Creative Writing : Forum : Nature

[reply] [quote]

Nature

13 Years Ago

Yay! Two posts! It's a new record! XD lolz.

Both poems where very well written and because they were so different it was hard to choose, but KeanesPark, I loved how soulful your piece was and you are this week's winner. The last line of the poem really tied the poem together. It seemed like you really poured your heart into it. Keep up the good work!

This week's subject is Nature. Make a story/poem with deep descriptions of the natural surroundings, e. i. forests, rivers, etc. Be creative, and keep up the submissions. Maybe this time we could get *gasp* three submissions! 

Less than three, Sana 
[reply] [quote]

Re: Nature

13 Years Ago

This isn't a poem or a story; It's classified as something but I can't really remember that it was...Anyway, I took about two or three minutes to write this up; nothing special so I don't expect to win if someone else writes something else up and actually tries lol.

The cricket inched forward, using its spiny legs to climb the small hill of dirt; a harsh cry sounded from above and a pair of talons swooped down. The cricket vanished under the large feathery mass and the hawk beat its wings and lifted itself up. The sand, painted red by the sun, lay unscathed by the sudden disruption. Clouds drifted over the barren sands, blessing them with the gift of rain as they edged slowly towards the mountains. The subsonic wings of a low flying jet sliced through the clouds and disappeared over the horizon, the sinking sun vanishing as well.