Critique Me! : Forum : I'm glad to "meet" you!

I'm glad to "meet" you!

12 Years Ago

Hello everyone! I am new to WritersCafe and stumbled upon this group. I am almost 50,000 words into my first serious manuscript (meaning the first that I plan to actually finish) and am wondering how other authors utilize WC to garner feedback on their novel-in-progress?

Do they post excerpts for peer review, such as chapters?

Also, color me paranoid, but I have this irrational fear of having my work stolen. That said, I am not egotistical enough to believe that my first MS is so earth-shatteringly great that fellow authors and authors-to-be would want or need to rip it off, but it's an irrational fear nonetheless. 

I chose to join Writers Cafe because it is a community of likeminded people with a similar passion, struggling through similar things to reach a similar goal. Have any of you heard of any problems such as work being plagiarized? I am very interested in getting some constructive criticism from those who are willing to provide it, and doing the same for you all...so how much would you recommend as the 'norm' to post?

Thanks for your help, and I really look forward to reading your work and sharing mine with you!

Best,

C.F.