Cyberpunk : Forum : // jack-in // introductions th..

// jack-in // introductions thread

15 Years Ago

Hi.

I go by the name of Type0; otherwise known as Sean.

I set this group up because there are bound to be more people than just me interested in cybepunk.

Of the genres I write in, mostly it's cyberpunk or horror. I've got about three settings in my head: a near-future cyberpunk setting based in London (Curds and Whey is the first in a series of Short (Circuit) Stories set there), a science-fantasy world mixing goblins, elves and post-industrial technology, and a modern day Lovecraftian horror tying the abyss in with contemporary academia.

Who are you, and what do you write?

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

===========================================

//: LOCAL TIME: 19:45;20

//: ACCESSING SERVER....

//: SERVER FOUND.

//: DISPLAY LOG? Y/N

__Y E S

//: ACCESSING....

//: NINETEEN FILES FOUND. DISPLAY FILES 1 - 9 ?

__N O

//: DISPLAY FILES 1 0 - 1 9 ?

__N O

//: DISPLAY INDIVIDUAL FILES ? Y/N

__Y E S

//: INPUT FILE NUMBER.

__ 1 9

//: ACCESSING...

//: FILE FOUND. DISPLAYING....

//: USER-NAME: "IDYLLWYLD"

//: REGISTERED NAME: VINCE

//: AGE: 2 0

//: HOBBIES: LORE, FICTION, FANTASY, SCIENCE_FICTION, ROLEPLAYING, WRITI

__N E X T F I L E

//: FILE ANOMALIES: CODENAME "NINEBREAKER" ; CODENAME "MAGICIAN" ; NINETEEN

__D I S P L A Y N I N E T E E N

//: FILE RESTRICTED. PASSWORD REQUIRED:

__N I N E T Y N I N E

//: INVALID PASSWORD. ATTEMPTS REMAINING: 2

__S I D E R A E L

//: INVALID PASSWORD. ATTEMPTS REMAINING: 1

__F L A G G

//: INVALID PASSWORD. ATTEMPTS REMAINING: 0

__N E X T F I L E

//: INVALID COMMAND.

__N E W S E A R CH

//: INVALID COMMAND.

//: LOCKING REMOTE TERMINAL...

__E N D S E A R

//: REMOTE TERMINAL LOCKED.

//: ACCESSING....

//: REMOTE TERMINAL LOCATED.

//: TARGET VERIFIED. COMMENCING HOSTILITIES.

//: THANK YOU AND HAVE A NICE DAY.

//: DE_CONNECTING FROM SERVER.

//: LOCAL TIME: 19:57;21

===========================================

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I can't say that I write cyberpunk specifically, more a long the lines of, I like all things in relation to science-fiction, and if I pick up a few things here on how to write it well, then kudos for me. I've read some books like Bad Voltage, but mostly I read about world-building. It is still a fascinating subject, though, trying to be in and out fast enough before the guards written into the codes, or the traps written into the data catch you, and burn your brains.

Btw...I'm Jam.

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Nice to meet you, Jam.

Re: // jack-in // introductions thread

12 Years Ago

My name is Ben, and my friends call me mad. What my enemies call me I don't want to know. Anyway, it's a pleasure to meet you guys and I look forward to reading your stuff and sharing some of mine.

I'm a writer of fiction. Both scifi (which tends to fall into the category of postapocalyptic cyberpunk and reading it you will probably see Gibson in it very clearly) and fantasy (of the more than slightly mad variant). I've been filling the void with my work for almost 20 years and now I intend to fill people's minds as well, hopefully without too much inconvenience on their part.

After posting this introduction I will upload the first part of my WIP cyberpunk/fantasy novel "Call of Dawn", so if you can spare a moment, please break out the chainsaws and buckets of red paint and give me a flaming review that will help me improve my art.