DONT TAKE OUT 'UNDER GOD' FROM THE PLEDGE! : Forum : DESTROYING OUR RELIGION!

[reply] [quote]

DESTROYING OUR RELIGION!

11 Years Ago

This is why I hate public school systems. Not trying to rude here, but they suck and my school system is really the worst it can get in all honsety. They are judgemental. and dont let us express our freedom of religion.   I HAVE FREEDOM OF RELGION YOU DIMWITS! 
[reply] [quote]

Re: DESTROYING OUR RELIGION!

11 Years Ago

ok wtf are they thinking!!!???!!?!??!?!?!? thats just wrong to take it out of the pledge! theres freedom of religion in america right??? wtf
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

Ik :/ it sucks...I plan on protesting with a group of my friends. 
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

I thought the whole reason of moving to America was so we could have freedom of religion??
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

It was so we can have many freedoms!
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

Ik...it's so wrong that they are doing this to us...they won't even let us bring up religion in school or we will get in trouble! If we protest about it, we get in trouble too! Next thing I know theyre gonna tell me I can't wear a cross around my neck. Wouldn't be surprised...

[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

Hi, I'm an atheist who goes to a public school. In our school, so far, it's still in the pledge. I guess, the reason they are taking it out, is freedom of religon. Not everyone believes in God, so not every child in the country should have to say they live in a country "under God" each morning. Some people do believe in God, and they may want to say it, and they should be able to say it. Don't get me wrong, I think you should be able to say it if you want to, but I do think it should be optional. You guys keep bringing up "Freedom of Religion" but only free for people to believe in God, not if they don't. They aren't destroying your religion, or putting you down, but religion shouldn't be a part of public school.
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

it does suck I mean why now after say 200 years ish of saying it they will take it out. What about the little 5 year old who just learned it (and they have a disability) will they go to jail for saying under god. THIS COUNTRY IS FALLING APART
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

owgirl, im sorry, but i think thats crap. there should indeed be religion in school! for the wonderful people who believe in God  and His mighty power. taking his name out fromt the pledge just shows we dont have respect for Him which is wrong. its disrespecting me and my family (hypothetically) of Christians and probably other religions. they are never going to please everyone, so, because most people love God, then we should have it in the pledge. we have freedom to speak about Him (freedom of speech) and freedom to worship and respect Him whenever we please (freedom of speech) for the people that are athiests, THEY DONT 'HAVE' TO SAY THE PLEDGE. they arnt forced to. but for getting in trouble by saying God? wrong! 
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

Missy, I agree with you on that, they shouldn't get in trouble for saying it, I just don't think that it should be taught in the pledge.
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

This is cathartic :(!how can they do such a dour act?Can any of you tell me who ever had this stupid idea????????how it all started???
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

Welcome to the United States of Amerika. It was not forced on us so much as we just let it happen. I know we feel powerless but we're not. Join a group, tell others etc. It is up to us to right the wrongs.
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

Wait... you all realize that the "under God" section of the Pledge of Allegiance wasn't added until 1954, right? When Francis Bellamy wrote the Pledge in 1892 it read, "I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

I agree with Owlgirl that each person should have the option of reciting the portions of the Pledge they believe to be true. This country was founded for the hopes of religious freedom, and the use of religion in creating policy in our government has always been a huge debate. That's why there's that little ''separation of church and state" clause.

Just food for thought.
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

They better not even think of doing that at my school. They do, Im fighting them tooth and nail.