Dark, Adult Oriented Fantasy Novels Only : Forum : Who are you, and what is your ..

Who are you, and what is your Book about?

16 Years Ago

Hi. I'm Rogue Daffodil. What I'm working on right now, is a character driven novel, set in a supernatural world of elemental-based powers. It is a Mature book, and not at all for kids. Spiritual and religious overtones abound, as well as action, violence and romance. I think it starts off pretty strong, but I'm worried that I might reveal too much in too little time. I'm hoping that some members will be interested in going the distance with me, as what I'm looking for are impressions of the characters, the flow, and the plot, overall.

So, now it's your turn. Who are you, and what is your Book about?

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I am Mysteral the Night Prowler:

Currently working on several novels, the one I have posted with this group is a romantic tragedy and adult, erotic fantasy.  It was my hope that in comparison, Romeo And Juliet would be looked upon as no more than a farce. 

It is a three-part novel, of which I am just completing the second—chapter1 of Part 2 posted on my home-page as The Lady in White.  Partly historic romance, and partly paranormal fantasy, part 1 is set in late 18th century, pre-revolution France, and follows the life of a young girl whose mother was tortured and burned for crimes of witchcraft.

In Part 2 she discovers the dilemma of trying use dark forces to influence the path of romance, while Part 3 follows the repercussions through to the present day.

My intention is to transport the reader into the minds of the two main protagonists, to re-live the anguish they shared.  (Actually, tell no-one, but although a tragedy, there is a cute little twist right at the end.)

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hello!  I'm Amberlynne (or just Amber if you prefer), and I'm currently working on my second fantasy novel (the first is out searching for a willing victim...er...agent).

Hope's Shadow is deeply inspired by the European witch hunts and the Inquisition.  (It's not set on earth, though, and is my own take on the events).  It all starts when the morning star falls from the heavens and begins to destroy the eastern lands and feast upon the bodies of the slain.  A heroine, Esperanza, mightly of sword and skilled with magic, is called upon to imprison the morning star.  She succeeds.  However, soon after, she is murdered, and the evening star falls from the sky.

Ten years pass, and the Purge to destroy all "wicked followers of the stars and heretics of the Solaris Order" begins to spin out of control.  The innocent are tortured and murdered alongside the small percentage of truly guilty.  Esme, a scholar who remembers nothing prior to the fall of the evening star, searches for the truth in hopes that it will bring about the end to the Purge.  She never expects to discover that Esperanza has supposedly been resurrected--or the connection she has to the long dead heroine.  And now it appears that the evening star has made his move, and may be as terrible a monster as his brother.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Oh, wow!  Sounds great.  Can't wait to start reading.  In the mean time, please take a look at Mysteral's book.  When he gets another review from a group member I'll change the feature.  It will be yours, of course.

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Hello, my name is Melissa, aka Supernaturalkiss.  I have recently finished two books, Red Night and the following Silver Moon, both supernatural fiction, with romantic undertones.  Currently my biggest problem is the repetition of words (mainly he, she), and am working hard to fix them, welcoming any and all critques.

Red Night

Finnie Marshall meets Reed Stirling after he rescues her from a couple of muggers in the park.  Drawn to Reed, Finnie is soon pulled into a vampire's world, and when her ex-lover shows up unexpected, she becomes a pawn in a game between a vampire and hunter.

Silver Moon

Dorian Fox is trying hard to make up for his past, moving halfway around the world to help with some...unusual circumstances.  When he hears about Kildee Isle and its latest inhabitants, Dorian knows his services are needed.  What he doesn't expect to find is Falon McKnight, a stubborn local pub owner who doesn't want his help.  Add in a hostile werewolf biker who happens to be Falon's ex-boyfriend and a prophecy older than time itself, and Dorian is beginning to wonder exactly what he has gotten himself into.

Both are filled with supernatural possibilities and danger at every twist and turn.  I know they can be improved, and welcome the help from all.

Mel

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

My name is Nazarea and I'm working on a the first in a trilogy. Its set in Verdi, a land that has forgotten its history. High Healer Aldera and her Bound  Sea, Canus, are leading an alliance fighting the Dragon Lords and the Children of the Abyss.

The book deals also deals with the intricate nature of temper, the destructive emotions that rule women called Tempests and the men who are Bound to them.

Its a work in progress, y'all. But check it out. I hope you'll like it.

Nazarea~

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Wonderful, and I'm glad you joined the group.  :)

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Hello, well I started about a year ago to write a novel. But just not any novel; it would have action, horror, sexual intercourse, magic, passion, wild accents, Mythology characters. It would start off at the beginning of the final days of a planet named Flow. Which is "wolf" spelled backwards. The main character is a 17/18 y/o boy named Overton Hiriam Locus John Dreamwright.™; he is a powerful and very smart warlock, but forced to live with a long time curse with a deadly bite of a lycanthrope, which has been passed down from his grand-father, to his son, and to his son.

The novel  usually takes place in a small ghost town named Riviera; for the simple fact that there is no water for miles away. Or it takes place in the Town of Dark Hollow. Wild things happen in the story but remember please: "LIFE & DEATH Is completely a Fantasy/Fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents are the product of my imagination or are used Fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events, or locales are/is entirely coincidental."

I have posted my novel writerscafe.org; here is the link; Please No Javascript="UntrustedLink.bootstrap($(this), "15016fc6249893e7deb54fbb83ad75a8", event)" href="" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">/writing/S.D.Blankenship/276587/
I am not even done with chapter 10 as of this moment but I have been offered $200,000 for it as is. and I have declined, seeing as this was my writing and the fact that I wanted to finish this work on my own.

Well I really hope this is a start to a long franchize and the making of a real good author.

Your friend S.D.Blankenship the Gothic Cowboy

Become a fan; www.myspace.com/Cothiccowboy
Talk with me;  
want to see my car;
Become a fan of my book; www.myspace.com/Overton_Dreamwright
and thanks to everyone who has read my book and helped me get where I am today.

With love, S.D.Blankenship the Gothic Cowboy
Wa-ya

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I'm Serra, I do a lot of cross genre stuff, but it almost is always dark and often horrific...I think they call it splatter-punk now...idk

I'm not really working on a book as much as trying to get a short story published this year, or at least accepted for publishing.