Darkling : Forum : Vampires

Vampires

12 Years Ago

Now do not turn this into some teenish Twilight discussion, but i would like to know people's opinions on what real vampires should be like. Personally, i think vampires should be dark, mysterious, and sexy. They should be demonic and bloodthirsty, like Dracula. No sparkles, no crosses. And with romance they should indeed be beautiful, but at the same time dark and sorta extreme with it. Such as turning/killing the lover to be with. Also, they shouldnt be goody goody either. Vampires should be evil, at least mostly. Sure a few decent ones are nice, but they shouldnt be these friendly romance machines. All they should care about is blood, sex, and other pleasures. And for the decent few, love.

Re: Vampires

12 Years Ago

Real vampires should be as they have been portrayed for almost two hundred years: romantic, sexy, and terrifying. To me, vampires should especially be terrifying because that is where their origins lie. Recently, I wrote a story called "Even in Death." In it, I re-explore the origins of the vampire without naming the character as one. In it, the vampire is sexy, romantic, and dangerous. What makes the vampire truly dangerous is that it looks like a person, and that catches its victims off-guard.

12 Years Ago

I personally like portrying vampires as "rather normal", but with the added aspect of still creating terrible unease and outright horror in humans by the sheer weight of "negative" and "wrongness" they exude. Like where humans radiate a certain amount of life, they absorb it, drink it in, hunger for it.

I might write a story about a girl turned vampire out of her own free will who then discovers that it is more than sunlight she has lost. Since I like scifi as well as fantasy, it would include trying to find a cure over the cause of centuries (well into the future) and eventually trying to find something as simple as an ending.

12 Years Ago

Oh I love it when sci-fi and supernatural creatures are combined. :3

11 Years Ago

It's funny I saw this because I'm currently writing a series called "Glorified Killer or Hero" It's about a vampire slayer who of course kills vampires. It's actually text for a comic book, but I can't find an artist who will help me for free. I wanted to bring a new area of horrer through my writing. So you should go check it out. The earliest you should start is prt. 7. Although the other parts are very different than part 7. I hope you all read it, and tell me your thoughts

11 Years Ago

I love Dracula! I prefer two hallow fangs, but monster vamps are awesome too! I think that vampires should be outcasts only wanting blood. No romance, and I also HATE Twilight! My take on vamps