Debating about our world : Forum : Do you believe that abortion f..

[reply] [quote]

Do you believe that abortion for under age teens without a parents concent should be legal?

13 Years Ago

This subject is hard to talk about since every one has their own opinions yet, i believe it should not be legal for they are under age and making it legal would give them an extreme responsibility.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Do you believe that abortion for under age teens without a parents concent should be legal?

13 Years Ago

I have strange ideas.On abortion I wrote a poem once
I'm sorry but if I am to believe the Martyrs I would have to concede that Almighty God needed lowly me to punish the unclean. As he was unable to do it himself. Well where is the God of Noah that with a wave of his hand flooded the world? If he was that ineffectual I think I would go looking for enlightenment somewhere else.

The quintessential question remains by what right do any of us claim divine guidance? There comes a point where judgment is beyond us and we have to leave these things to the individuals involved. Our personal beliefs have no right being imposed on others rights or beliefs. Even in the case of protection of the innocents. This is such a divisive question that it causes violence. However in the enlightened parts of the world this is not a problem like it is here in the mostly evangelical, protestant, pilgrim, country of the hypocrite. We as Americans tend to believe we are the ones who are most enlightened. It always amazes me how ignorant we as Americans""is"! As we plod along polluting the world at a exponential rate. Then wishing to overpopulate it with unwanted children in the name of God. Truth be known this countries real God is the Almighty dollar. I only wish Twain were still alive as I am sure his witticisms and opinions would be most welcome by the truly enlightened. And shunned by the clergy.It was only a few years ago that the Catholic Pope apologized to the world for having imprisoned Galileo Galilee in his home,For the crime of saying the Earth was not the center of the Universe. At that rate of religious attrition religion should catch up to the education of the 21st century sometime in about 500 years or so. Protecting the rights of other peoples unwanted children .And paying to raise the majority of them through the state will never alleviate the conscience that we offend by our insensibility .!

The Martyrs A Poem by Tate Morgan
" Where does the love of God go,when the days turn minutes to hours? "
walk for life by Steve Rhodes. DSC_0195.JPG by Steve Rhodes.
Please No CSS   So where does the love of God go When the days turn minutes to hours Just whose house has God been visiting When followers hurl rocks not flowers   What do we teach our children so well Precious lessons of Christ, we all follow Condemning the young that chose abortion So God's teachings will ring out but hollow   Where are the mighty gifts of forgiveness Shoulders to cry on, for families that fail Instead they cast stones of the malcontent On the lord's children that they assail   Perhaps it would serve us all better If we could call a spade a spade Then point the finger of hypocrisy At the army of heretics they’ve made   Take a walk to the washing basin Look to the mirrored reflection of pain Soap will never wash away the ignorance Or the ugly hatred and stench that remain   Shame be on you for these things As you shall reap what you do sow You can't teach love and tolerance With every gun and with every blow   Tate
Please No Embedding
Get a 
playlist! Standalone
 player Get 
Ringtones

[reply] [quote]

Re: Do you believe that abortion for under age teens without a parents concent should be legal?

13 Years Ago

I'm so sorry but as an American you have once again made a fool out of yourself it's a simple question and you've gone on a tangent, maybe some people will understand you but you've completely missed the point. Yeah sorry again I really didn't mean to be mean and I'm just one person so don't pay too much attention.

I don't think much of the question either so don't be too surprised if you get ignored, but it shouldn't be legal and at that age they are still under the supervision of there parents, they don't have there own income and so on. If they've become pregnant the person whose at fault should be hanged and you'll soon fine they won't become pregnant again. The circumstances are MORE important under age teens live in there own fictional world it's easy to trick them, more so they get drunk more easily and can get pregnant that way more easily. The parents though play a LARGE role and there are so many factors to consider, but I don't think it should be legal. They have to be held accountable if they can just get an abortion they may not mind if they get pregnant, a mentality change in society may occur which could end up to be devastating.  
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I think it should be legal under these circumstances: 1. The woman must have consent from her parents, father of the child (Unless completely out of the picture), and anyone else who may be directly involved in caring for the baby. 2. The woman MUST be under 3 months preganant. 3. The mother and father must be under 22, unless its in a case where the father is completely out of the picture.   Other than that, it should be illegal. When a young person is pregnant, each option has consequences. its a matter of what you are and aren't willing to do. Oh, and heres a word of dark humor: "If you're so pro-life, why don't you adopt the kids who weren't aborted and get them out of their horrible situation?" "I don't know, why don't YOU?!" "Because I hate kids..." -Bill Hicks. I  know that that joke will be terribly misinterpreted, so I'll just say that when he says he hates kids, he doesn't hate them murderously. He just hates them enough to not want to adopt them. Get it?
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Abortion is a reallt touchy subject, but this is honestly what I think: it should be all the woman's choice, BUT, a teenage girl shouldn't be getting pregnant anyway. Girls nowadays think it's so hard to prevent pregnancy but it's really not. I'm 17 and I have absolutely no problems in that area. Now, I don't think it's legal for a teen girl to get an abortion without her parents' ok. If you're under 18 and living at home then you need your parents' permission for pretty much everything you do.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I agree with Sarah Saki mostly. I think that it's imparative that the parents get involved with their children. I mean if the teen is pregnant in the first place, the parents weren't there then, and they should have some authority over the issue. Morally, I disagree with abortions altogether, but politically, abortion should be legal because the decision should be up to the woman and it's a matter she must settle with herself and God. It's not something the goverment should tamper with.  
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I hear a lot about abortion, but I've never really formed an opinion about it.  My favorite response?   "I notice that everybody who is Pro-Abortion has already been born", -Ronald Reagan   But this question is a no-brainer.  You can't do ANYTHING without parental consent when underage, so why be able to murder?
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Without offending anyone I think abortion should be illegal. If the mother doesn't want her child that much then put it up for adoption, give it a chance to live.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I agree with Music_Freak_66 on the fact that you need your parent's permission to do virtually anything when you are underage. I say abortion should only be legal if: 1.)The girl is under 21. 2.)She got raped. 3.)She has the consent of the father. and 4.), I agree with Sarah~Saki on that the baby should be no more than 3 months term. Otherwise, just don't abort.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Yes. People who come from religious backgrounds who are underage are known to be evicted from their homes and disowned when hospitals break the confidentiality agreement regarding confidentiality. Confidential abortions are supposed to be there to protect the child from violence and other things. Also, what if the pregnancy was a result of abuse from the father or family relative? Then what?
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Originally posted by Kirstin
Without offending anyone I think abortion should be illegal. If the mother doesn't want her child that much then put it up for adoption, give it a chance to live.

Yes, well, adopted children's parents can end up being sh*ttier than the biological parents. I know a girl who was a foster child whos parents neglected her very badly. but, the main point is, if you have a baby when you're underage, there is no right or wrong choice. The best choice over all: Put a cap on it, people.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Originally posted by Veronica
I agree with Music_Freak_66 on the fact that you need your parent's permission to do virtually anything when you are underage. I say abortion should only be legal if: 1.)The girl is under 21. 2.)She got raped. 3.)She has the consent of the father. and 4.), I agree with Sarah~Saki on that the baby should be no more than 3 months term. Otherwise, just don't abort.

Sorry to bomb with comments. I'm going to have to disagree with number 3 and number 2 slightly. With number 2, that'd be very hard to prove that some women were raped. Its all a matter of physical evidence, and they'd have to go to court and have it legally proven that they were raped. And the court process takes a long time, it'd probably take long enough for the woman to go over 3 months pregnant.  With number 3, come on now, I don't think a rapest would even care what she did with the baby. Its not like he'll say "I raped you, but that doesn't mean I'm not against you killing a little clump of cells!"
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I have many different opinions on abortion.

One pro is that basically, you can enjoy sexual intercourse lacking protection without fear of becoming a mother/father. Responsibility will not be thrust upon you should the matter arise weeks later. Just a quick appointment to the doctor and viola. Problem solved. You're life will not be tilted by a new life you have become weighed down by. Education, work, and family activities will not be interfered with.
    The mother could be HIV positive. Sometimes abortion is easier than allowing the child life 10-12 years before having to watch him/her die a tragic, scary death.
    The mother could have been raped. Would you want a reminder of the man who forcefully took advantage of you? Of course, it isn't the child's fault, and no I don't believe you should kill it off just because you were raped. But, if you are underage and perhaps your family cannot financially raise it, abortion may be an option.
    Though you may not be weighed down with pregnancy, the guilt of an abortion could be worse for some people. You've just destroyed a tiny life that didn't have a chance whatsoever. A child, a baby. A chance at having something of your own flesh and blood. You shouldn't even be having intercourse at a time like this. You have your whole life ahead of you. Save the adult stuff for when you are an adult, married, and can emotionally, physically, and FINANCIALLY raise a child.

So..should abortion without parents consent be legal?

Yes, because it's the teen's child, the teen's body. She should be eligible to do anything she wants with it. Though I frown on sex before marriage, it's the 21st century and it HAPPENS. No use punishing her mistake by forcing motherhood onto her. And no use risking ruining that child's life because of his/her upbringing.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Originally posted by Sarah~Saki
Originally posted by Kirstin

Yes, well, adopted children's parents can end up being sh*ttier than the biological parents. I know a girl who was a foster child whos parents neglected her very badly. but, the main point is, if you have a baby when you're underage, there is no right or wrong choice. The best choice over all: Put a cap on it, people.

... Or you could, you know, not have sex...
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Abortion is obviously a controversial topic. While I personally would never do something like that, I do believe that it should be up to the woman, because there are lots of special circumstances. I don't think abortion should be legal if you're underage (without the parents' consent) because those special circumstances for a teen are a lot different. While a grown woman might abort a baby because she couldn't afford to keep it, a teen might do the same thing because she was afraid of what her parents might think. Do you see the difference? There are a lot of teens out there who would be too immature to face that type of decision, and they might regret the outcome in later life. And for those who ARE mature enough to decide, well, they're the exception. We don't give 12 year olds the right to vote just because some of them would make the right decision, because 90% of them would vote for jelly donuts for president.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I'm kind of iffy on this. I mean, I can see how it could be better for the teen to not have to worry about getting a parent's consent because it's the teenager's body and life, so they should have more of a say on what they do with it than their parents when it comes to something like this, but at the same time, like others have said, it's a very large decision on the teen's part. That and there could be the small possibility that they could use it irresponsibly just so that they can have unprotected sex and not have to worry about giving birth. I mean, while I'm okay with abortion, because I think it might be a better alternative than having the baby not being brought up right because the parent(s) can't financially support it, or sticking them in an adoption center that's already overcrowded, it wouldn't be right just for someone to repeatedly kill off fetuses just so they can continue to satisfy their sexual desires, especially at that young of an age. At least requiring a parent's consent might make them think twice about having (unprotected) sex again so that they don't have to go down that same road. (Of course, someone might think twice in general after having their first abortion, but I'm sure there could be people who wouldn't really care all that much either and wouldn't mind doing it continuously if they can get away with it without mom and dad finding out.)
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Personally I believe that Abortion shouldn't be legal, UNLESS, the mother will die if she has the child. And for the record (I don't know if anyones stated this...) but Christianity is not the only religion that believes this, there's others that believe the same things about abortion. From my veiw, I am adopted and things worked out, I have wonderful parents and my little brother is also adopted, we are very blessed, so adoption is a good way to go, plus it's better to let someone live than take a life (weather you believe that life is sacred or not). Life is a beautiful thing and to prevent someone from even taking the first step in that beauty is wrong in my mind, (I mean yeah life can suck sometimes but its so worth living). Plus the baby DOES have feeling I've heard from multiple people (who did do the research) that babies will tense up and curl up away from whatever is trying to kill them during an abortion. (BTW I really hate being one sided but I just can't understand why someone would take something so beautiful (life) away from someone else for what ever reason?)   
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I think it depends on if the girl was raped or not. If the girl was raped and wants to keep it secret so she's not further humiliated, then yes, she should be able to get an abortion. If the girl just made a mistake and had sex with the wrong guy without protection, then no, I don't think she should. Now I notice there is a huge problem with my argument. What if every girl said they were raped, how do you prove it, etc. Well, you prove it a rape kit, just if the girl wants confidentiality about the rape, it should be provided. But personally, if the child was a product of a rape or consent, the child should be allowed to live because it's not the child's fault. If a girl doesn't want the child, give it up for adoption. Adoption is better for the mother's mental state of mind and her physical state.   Any girl not raped, should have parental consent for the abortion. Girls are irrational sometimes and can make split second decisions on a whim that later they regret.