Debating about our world : Forum : Do the biological parents have..

[reply] [quote]

Do the biological parents have the right to come back into their children's lifes after they have been put for adoption for years?

13 Years Ago

Debating is open
[reply] [quote]

Re: Do the biological parents have the right to come back into their children's lifes after they have been put for adoption for years?

13 Years Ago

I think a parent-child bond is formed over the years. Once the child is given up for adoption, it is completely up to the adoptive parents as to whether the biological parent/s is/are allowed to come back into the child's life.
It might be hard for a biological parent to be told to stay away, but in the end, what matters is what is best for the child.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Do the biological parents have the right to come back into their children's lifes after they have been put for adoption for years?

13 Years Ago

I think it's up to the parents who adopted the child about whether or not their child should see his/her biological parents.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

If a child is given up for adoption it should be descided by the people who adopted the child. It would be a good idea for the child to know who their real parents are in my opinion. Depending on how old the child is, he/she might become angry with his/her real parents for giving them up for adoption. That would cause some problems. I still think it should be up to the people who adopted the child.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I think everyone on this is way wrong. I think it should be up to THE CHILD. I personally have a friend who is in an open adoption (she has contact with her biological parents) and I don't think she'd have it any different, but in saying that some people won't want that, others will. It's just not fair to make that choice for the child.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I agree with Kirstin. it's the child's choice as to whether or not they want to meet or go back to the people who gave them up. it wouldn't feel right if the adoptive parents made the decision and the child didnt approve. it really depends on the exact situation and on what type of person gave them up in the first place and if they're fit to go back.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I think it should be up to the child.  It's their parents.  I don't know how I would feel about that, seeing as the parents must not have wanted the child in the first place.  It's an interesting question...
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Well I think that it may be the child's decision. It also depends on why the real parents gave up the child in the first place. If the parents gave up the child simply because they hated it I believe they should never be allowed near it. However if they gave the child up because they wanted a better life for he/she then I do believe they have the ability. Again the child may never want to see their parents and that is fine as well. By the way I'm not sure if anyway really cares but...I wish to see my real mom. I am from Guatemala and I am adopted. I wish not to see my real father who walked out on my mom. He actually almost forced her to have an abortion. The reason my mom gave me up was because she wanted a better life for me. If I was back home I would be living in a tiny shed with 9 other brothers and sisters. Sleeping on dirt floors and stealing of the streets. My mom worked in a taco factory making three cents an hour. She didn't want that for me. She wanted me to grow up and have an education. Some day I will travel to Guatemala with my best friend Solanna who is also adopted from there and we will find our mothers.

-VampireChick
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Not unless they go on the maury show :3 But anyways, Its a decision between the biological parents, the kids, and the adoptive parents. If 1 person disagrees, then no. Why yes, its that f****n' simple. But thats under the presumption that there aren't already specific laws for this kind of thing. But, I have no idea what I'm talking about with this anyways.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

It all depends on the situation. Most adoptions are designated open or closed from the beginning, meaning that it is settled beforehand is the birth parents will have contact with the child or not. It there are no laws in place, the decision should be up to the parents until the child reaches a certain age. If those birth parents were to re enter a 6 year old's life, a child that young could become very confused and distraught when put in a situation that adult. However, a 15 year old who could handle that kind of thing and would probably be damaged emotionally if they didn't hear from their parents at some point should easily have the right to a relationship with their birth parents.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I think the parents should be allowed to come back but not take the rights away from the people who have parented the child for years. It wouldn't be right to do that. Amazingly that's all I have to say because I can't seem to think how to put anymore into words or sentences that are coherent.