Debating about our world : Forum : What is your opinion on the ol..

[reply] [quote]

What is your opinion on the old proposition 8(about gay marriage)

13 Years Ago

To me this is a topic that many of us debate about if it is morally or religion based, yet this topic is an extreme topic to talk yet in my opinion gay marriage should be ok, who are we as HUMANS to judge their way of life style and who are we to prevent them from happiness.
[reply] [quote]

Re: What is your opinion on the old proposition 8(about gay marriage)

13 Years Ago

Personally I think that marriage should always be between a man and a woman. That's just the way my parents always taught me, plus I go to church so that's another reason why I have this opinon.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I don't see how this is so much more controversial than abortion. I mean really, this is about love, not murder. But I'm all for it. Its a genetic thing, if you absolutely feel no attraction whatsoever towards the oppisite sex, what can ya' do?
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I think it's absolutely fine. You have the right to be with whoever you want.  It's about love.   Also, to the first person that posted, I go to church too, but I also have gay, bi, and lesbian friends.  You can think everyone having their own opinions is okay, AND be religious.   And to the second person that posted, I totally agree on all counts. 
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I think gay marrage is fine, even alhough I am hetrosexual. My honest reply to anyone who claims to be against it because of religion would be show me where in your religious text it says that people of the same sex should not be together. Also, I have found out that the Ancient Greeks (apparently, I'm sorry if this is false but it was taught in my R.M.P.S classes - Religious, Moral and Philisophical Studies) thought it was of the highest forms of sex if it was between two men, mind you their basic job (so to say) was to preserve human life yet suicide was widly apploded. I honestly think it a bit sick that marrage between two people of the same sex is called a cival service and that they are not thae persons husband or wife but their "life partner" sorry but I think that's wrong, we....well I.... live in a society where gay rights are being pushed for but they're still being descriminated against when it comes to marrage. Personally I think if two people are in love then go for it. You cannot chose who you fall in love with
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Marriage is marriage. Why is it so hard for others to accept that people, no matter their gender or race, can love another? Why is marriage only restricted to those who judges and congressmen think should get married? It's almost like telling a group of children they can all play with the same toys but then when one of them goes to touch the toy, the instructor says he or she can't play with it because he or she is not good enough to play. It's very similar to telling a woman she can't work in a factory because it's a man's job; similar to telling a black person he or she can't sit on the playground because he or she is black. We've been through it before, many times. When are Americans going to realize we are changing and we are gong to change? Gay marriage is just one of the many things yet to change but the rights of every human being is the same, or so we are made to believe. If we are taught we are all equal, then show us we are all equal. Actions speak louder than words. Gay marriage is marriage and marriage is a commitment between two people. Why can't those two people both be male, or female? Gay marriage shouldn't even be called "gay marriage" but should remain just "marriage." There's my spill. ^_^
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Morally, I believe that marriage should be between a man and woman because God created Adam and Eve, not 2 eves & not 2 Adams. However, I feel that goverment shouldn't get in the way of that because everyone has different beliefs. I mean, it's a right to have freedom of religion. No one made a law on who should marry who. This is a free country, why try and take it away every time someone disagrees with the action of expressing freedom. We're all human here.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Well, I gotta say, this is a very touchy subject. I belive that it should be up to the people to decide who they want to marry and that nobody should be allowed to deny them their happiness. Some of my closest friends are gay, and I would be pissed if someone tried to change them because of that. The government shouldn't tell people who they can and can't be with. We have the right to free speech, free press, free, religion...why not the freedom to marry whomsoever we choose? Just because the majority of people are "straight" it doesn't mean that homosexual people don't have equal rights to happiness.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Well, first off I'm  little confused. Are we debating gay MARRIAGE or homosexuality in general, because I'm seeing a back and forth on both questions. I personally am fine with homosexuality, and I think it's a sad thing that some people are not. Gay MARRIAGE, however, is controversial for different reasons. I've met people who are opposed to it because it's against their religion, and others who are fine with homosexuality but believe that marriage should be between a man and a woman only. I'm not going to turn this into a religious debate, but I personally believe the government should not have a say in same sex marriages. I don't really understand why it has to be such a big deal. Is the world going to end because two men got married? Everyone should have the right to happiness, so why should gays be denied that right? Hmm...excluding a certain group of people from something because they're different... Now where have I heard that before?
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I think it should be legal. Yes, saying this might be a little biased since I myself am gay; although, I personally don't care about getting married because I feel like I don't need a document to tell me who I love, but I do think it should be available for the same sex couples that do want to get married. I mean, it's only two consenting adults who are in love and want to be seen as a couple under the law. What's so bad about that? Sure there's sex, but it's not like every married couple hasn't done it for other reasons except for procreation. (And I would argue this on a religious viewpoint, too, but I won't get into it since that's not the point of this thread.)

I mean, hell, if not marriage, then there should be at least SOMETHING for same sex couples that let them legally join and enjoy the same benefits as married couples, such as family visitation rights in hospitals. Then that way priests/pastors/whatever can stop complaining about marrying "abominations" in their church, and then same sex couples can enjoy the benefits that come with marriage.