Debating about our world : Forum : Do you believe that Argentina ..

[reply] [quote]

Do you believe that Argentina did good by approving gay marriage?

13 Years Ago

I do believe that Argentina did good by approving it, because who has the right to deny them the right to marriage. Yes, on a religion base is wrong yet it is their right as human begins and their choice of life and we have no right to stop them from happiness because in the end doesn't the constitution say we have the right to the "pursuit of happiness."
[reply] [quote]

Re: Do you believe that Argentina did good by approving gay marriage?

13 Years Ago

I myself am against gay marriage, but only because of my religion and for the fact that I think it's disgusting. But if it's their choice to be disgusting, then let them. Just because it's against Christianity to be gay/lesbian doesn't mean it should be illegal. We DO have freedom of religion, and Christianity is one of many religions. You can't say "Oh, this is illegal because God said so." People who aren't Christians are going to get pretty heated up about that.                                                                                                                                                  I don't think Argentina did good or wrong, I just think they made a decision that was logical from the law's point of view. Not everybody is going to be pleased with this law, but hey, it's the rules so I guess the unhappy people will just have to deal with it--unless they decide to start a huge riot or something. Who knows?
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I think that it was a great choice by Argentina. There is no reason to deny people the right to gay marriage. No matter what religion says about I think that overall love is more important than religion. They as citizens deserved the right to live their lives their way and marry who THEY want, not who their government or fellow citizens want them to marry.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Yes I am a strong believer in gay marriage
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Here's a fun fact of the day for you. The original bible was mistranslated into English, and guess which words were mistranslated? And yes it has to do with gay marriage. Hell I'm for it, who are we to tell another person how they should live? I think any person or group that goes out and protests against gay marriage are f*****g retards....but it's just my opinion of course.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I believe Argentina did good by approving gay marriage. Why shouldn't two consenting adults be able to pledge devotion to one another? Yes, there's religion, but like Dakota hinted at, there were one or two words in the original Bible that had unknown meanings, and then someone decided to make the meaning of one of them "homosexual," when there was supposedly no such word during that time period to describe homosexual sex.

Also, for any Christians who read through this thread, I have a little link that explains other interpretations for the verses that allegedly condemn homosexuality. If you're willing to keep an open mind, or if you're willing to at least see what the other interpretations are, then please read it.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Well I have a Gay sister.And I find it a sad life.Yet  a chosen one.It is sad because of the dead end it leaves one with.I think our greatest calling is in children .Passing the gifts and knowledge to all who come after.I wish I could believe it wasn't a  choice .But sadly i do think it is.