Debating about our world : Forum : Should Corporal Punishment Be ..

[reply] [quote]

Should Corporal Punishment Be Brought Back?

13 Years Ago

Well folks this is a touchy subject where I'm from as there was quite a few teachers who miss used the belt (or cane) and due to that it got banned. However now that there is no decent from of punishment things have went seriously down hill. We get detentions but no one thinks anything of them and we get lines and people will get their friends to help them with them. Personally I think that it should be brought back, how about you?
[reply] [quote]

Re: Should Corporal Punishment Be Brought Back?

13 Years Ago

I don't think it should at all. I don't think it was right. You are correct in saying that detentions don't do much but there are other ways of punishing kids that do work. I think even hurting them through embarassment is better than corporal punishment.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I personally see no point in it.It always seemed to m that it was over used by those who dished it out.It never changes the mind of the on it is used on .
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Ooooh, corporal punishment. I was never victim to corporal punishment because the small town I went to had to get the parent's approval first. Every student sent home a consent form like the feildtrip ones and the parent either said yes or no for their child to be punished by the school. I think that should come back. The parents get to decide if the school can punish their child by physical means but I personally think it's the parents job to punish their kids and if they don't, they shouldn't be parents.