Deep Thinkers : Forum : Reality

Reality

13 Years Ago

People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "Reality." But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts... their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?"

That's Itachi's idea of reality. I'll put my own up!

Re: Reality

13 Years Ago

If you think about it, none of us can be certain of anything in a world like ours, can we? Even the most educated or the wisest of humans can't really prove anything if we have nothing to compare our reality to as a whole. All we have to stand upon is our morals. In the Shakespearean play, Hamlet--a strain of this topic is touched upon, greatly emphasized by the one simple quote, "Nothing is either good nor bad, but thinking makes it so". Another quote I find quite thought-provoking is Albert Einstein's, "We still do not know one-thousandth of one-percent of what nature has revealed to us". Just some things to think about. :] Have a good day.

Re: Reality

13 Years Ago

What's important is not reality but what you think is reality because that's the world you're living in. If life is an illusion, than what isn't an illusion? What circumstances would separate the two? Humans define what is real and what isn't; reality is a human concept so it can be pretty open to interpretation, I suppose. There are as many truths as there are people, although a word like "truth" is completely meaningless in a philosophical disucssion; the real world is the world you see and hear because that's the only thing that matters. Unless its existence is proven for yourself, meaning you can touch it or see it, then it doesn't exist, basically.