Dreamwriterslounge : Forum : Types of genres

Types of genres

16 Years Ago

What different types of genres do you like to write or even read?

I like to write (and read) anything but mushy romance.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Myself, I enjoy reading typically Suspense, Thrillers of any type, Horror, and Sci-Fi.

Writing, I generally lean toward Fantasy, Supernatural Thrillers, and Horror. I would like to try may hand at Sci-fi, but my mind has solidified any plots or ideas. Have a few, but not concrete.

I also try to mingle a few, a tad of supernatural thriller, with a dose of Horror, tossed into a realm of magic and fantasy. I'm unsure if I'm successfull or not however.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I love to read horror, supernatural, thriller, sometimes mystery, sometimes suspense, very very rarely sci-fi(actually I only like the halo novels, I really can't stand sci-fi)

I write, horror, supernatural, thriller

I'd love to write fantasy because I'm a HUGE Tolkien fan, but I know that if I started to write fantasy I'd end up ripping him off and don't wanna do that.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

yeah i love fantasy as well, Robert jordan is my fav.

as far as writing fantasy, i have an idea, but its never gotten any further than that. Basically what i listed before is what i've dabbled in, and im now starting to dabble into historical romance, romantic, and romantic suspense. :) we'll see how long this lasts.

guess i really didnt list anything, so let me do that now. *blush*

I write mostly horror of any form, and ive dabbled in thriller, suspence, and mystery. Iove crime novels as well, and have thought about doing some crime novels. Im starting a series called the Harley Madison series. She's lawyer turned Private investigator after she's accused in the first book of nearly killing her boyfriend, and has to find the real killer before its too late. other than that, basically whatever comes to mind. (okay i really need to get back to my battle challenge piece LOL)