Edgar Allan Poe Devotionists : Forum : Favourite Poem/Story

Favourite Poem/Story

16 Years Ago

Which Edgar Allan Poe poems or stories are your favourite?

Well, I love The Pit and the Pendulum (I even named my band after it). Tell Tale Heart was an interesting story, as well.

-Phoenix

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

The Tell Tale Heart is forever grained in my memory and is my favorite story with The Raven come in a close second. When I was about 8 or 9 my mom read the Tell Tale Heart to me as a bedtime story. It scared the bejebus outta me. To this day I still get slightly scared when I read that story!

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I LOVE the raven, but i also love The black cat....
Poes just genius ^_^
x

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I wouldn't dare pick a favorite, but I believe "The Black Cat" shows just how accomplished Poe is at capturing the darkest part of the human condition.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Of E.A.P? Hm... This was my first short story that i read of his that I became.. insanely hooked upon. "The Cask of Amontillado". i loved the anxiety I felt throughout the entire time while reading it... =) After that, "The Black cat" and "The Bells" ^^

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

A favorite of my single most loved author? Seems an impossible task! I love each and everyone piece ever penned. He has given us a whole new genre. From short story to poetry he is the master.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Ulalume is by far my favorite poem of his. His stories, i really enjoyed some lesser known ones, like Berenice. M.S. in a Bottle, and let's see. let me think here.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

The gold bug was one of my favorites as a kid, but my favorite now would probably be Murders in the Rue Morgue, or The Black Cat. maybe cat more so because it just feels like it doesn't have a period, like it could be a story about your next door neighbor or yourself even. The Raven will always hold a spot in my heart though, it was the first piece of literature I could recite completely and from any point in the story with just a cue.

And the Simpsons version was also excellent *grin*

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

The Telltale Heart and Premature Burial are the two stories that inspired me as a writer.  One thing about Edgar Allan Poe is he dredged into the depths of what becomes the psychological gothic, and what pissed me off about one film maker is he completely destroyed The Raven. It is almost a given that people cite Edgar Allan Poe as a key influence on them as a horror writer.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

the poet in me says it is The Bells and The Raven.... if I were to pick a story I would say A Descent into the Maelstrom is a favorite as well as William Wilson

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

poem: dream within a dream
story: tell tale heart

Re: Favourite Poem/Story

14 Years Ago

"Alone", "A Dream Within a Dream" and "Raven" are just a few of my favourite poems. The man was a pure genius!

Re: Favourite Poem/Story

5 Years Ago

#newgenerationhere ahem, my favorite would be the bells! Ah what a great poem :))))))) so happy! Then..... DARK HAHAHAHAHAHA CUZ THATS JUST AMAZING!!!! And Poe is like "let's write about wedding bells and then FRIGGING FUNERALS AND WAR SIRENS HAHAHAHAHAHA" brilliant. He's a genius