Embrace Our Differences : Forum : Are we really different?

Are we really different?

11 Years Ago

Are we?

Re: Are we really different?

11 Years Ago

We are all human at the end of the day. We all feel the same emotions, so, no, I don't believe there is much difference between us. What sets us apart from each other, however, are our actions.

11 Years Ago

I feel as though we are different in thought and appearance. Yet, we are all beautiful. We are all equal- and rightfully so. We need to learn to embrace our differences, accept them- love them. Our differences make us who we are. But it's those same differences that cause us to hate the very differences that make every person unique.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mir

11 Years Ago

You couldn't have said it better! I agree 100%! 
I wish we could all except our differences. I kind of feel like a Hypocrite writing this, because my differences make me see myself hatefully. 
But we all have our strengths, weaknesses, uniqueness, and beauty. Every single one of us is beautiful no matter what anybody says. I wish, I, and everybody else could see that.  

10 Years Ago

Truth? No. I don't believe anyone at heart is truly different. We all feel, all live on basic need. all need love, respect, long for something more. What does religion, skin, beliefs, culture have to do with someone is really all that different from me. They still have a mother and father, they still dream, they still love. Are they really that much different from my self? If you think about it, that could have been you. If you were just born in that circumstance. . .maybe just maybe that could have been you. Let's take Rwanda for example. What difference was there between the people? Just the tribe? Just the chance they had for education? How about Sudan. You have Arabic and "Black". Literally the difference was where you live. Was if your first language was Arabic or a native tongue. Any major Genocide had other motives. The holocaust: a scapegoat. Someone to blame for the loss of money. but in reality? The Jews had been outcast for so long they were the perfect scapegoat. In Sudan? The Arabics just wanted the land. In Rwanda it all started after a government official died. Again the blame game. It's not right to say anyone is different from you or me. It's worse for them to die over the issue.