Emotional Warriors : Forum : Opinions and Curiosity

Opinions and Curiosity

17 Years Ago

This thread is for any opinions about anything, regardless of the subject or the topic. More or less a debate. Or it could be things that you just are curious about.

For instance....

If two 12 year old girls whom happen to be best friends stay over at one or the others home, they most likely will sleep in the same bed and be looked upon as best friends.

On the other hand, if two 12 year old boys were seen in the same predicament, serious questions will be raised about their sexuality.

Why is that??

Now there is a difference between ages here, this is posed for kids that are experiencing puberty.. Not innocent children.

But why as a society, do we make these assumptions one sided? It really doesn't make any sense.

Oh well, just curious.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Anything goes, right?

It's hard to date being a single mom; everyone knows this. So first, you have to make sure they aren't some kinda psycho and that you actually get along with 'em and all. The very next thing for me is seeing how they react my kids (3 kids is a lot for anyone to handle) and how my kids react to them. So is it wrong to introduce my kids to these guys when I know it may very well not work out? My thinking is... my kids are as much a part of me as anything. I need to know before it gets complicated if they will mesh with the kids. I'm very open with my kids about my personal life. I know they are young, but they have seen a lot and understand a lot. Unfortunately, their dad was very abusive to me in front of them and though we've recovered from this... they are more knowledgable than they should have to be at this age. So, that said, is it wrong to openly involve my children in my dating process?

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I've had some personal experience with this and to me, you should only date someone if they like your kids and your kids like them. Especially if you plan on having any type of future. The only way to do this is to bring the date home and let them interact.

Cade

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I do think to some extent, boys put that on themselves. I remember being that adolescent having sleepovers with girls all piled up in the same bed... no biggie. But, my cousins, who are 11 and 12 yr old boys would die if you suggested they share a bed. I believe society may play some part in this, but, on the other hand, I think it has more to do with the macho mentallity boys take on as they become men.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

What do yawll think of that idiot from kramer? I know you have to know what I'm talking about. I'm not saying he was wrong for cracking jokes about race but I'm also not condoning it either. I'm just saying, as a white comic, you can't expect to say something like that and not catch hell and brimestone for it. What got me is the idiot was surprised. You gotta prepare yourself if you gonna go out on the limb as the majority race and crack minority racial jokes. And then, it wasn't even funny. That's something else. If you gonna do that as a white guy, it better have one hell of a punchline. That's like me going to all black clubs and rap on stage. If my lyrics happen to have the word "n***a" in them, the song better have a bad a*s beat and some great lyrics to back it up. Cause in society, I'm deemed unworthy of saying it. I agree with society but that doesn't mean I will obey. I mean, if my theme of the song requires the word, then I say it. But I'm not gonna force it in there for the hell of it.

That's what the dude did, he forced them into his routine and then he acts surprised.
It's idiots like this, that give other white comedians a bad name.

Oh well, just opinions.

Cade

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Curiosity...

I was one of the unfortunate souls unable to go to the Convention. So, will someone who did go please share? I am so curious to know what I missed! I'm sure it was awesome. Who all went? What did I miss? ::confused::
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JlB

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Girls use the bathroom in groups,
guys don't.

Fin.

Lol.
JB