Encounting Authors : Forum : A little about me

[reply] [quote]

A little about me

16 Years Ago

Hello all,

I thought I better pop in here and let you all know a little about me. I'm a stay at home mom and have been for almost two years now. Much to our surprise we discovered we do much better financially with me staying home rather than working. I honestly believe that is due to high child care costs.
Anyway, I have notebooks full of poetry, some of which dates back to junior high. Out of those notebooks I selected some for an anthology. I published that anthology through lulu.com. Heartfelt is the name of the anthology for those of you interested. I did not publish the anthology in hopes of becoming rich and famous. In fact, my opinion on that is if you are writing soley to become rich and famous you will likely be disappointed.
I've written the first book in what will be a trilogy. The first book is currently in the editing phase but I hope it will be available by spring of 2008. The prologue to my book can be read on my profile. The name of the book is Elysium and has so far garnered the interest I hoped it would.
I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Happy Writing,
Michelle
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I'll just follow her Michelle Ross's lead and tell you about myself. There isnt really much to tell though. Ive been writing stories (nto necassarily good ones) since I was about 13 or 14 and now I am 17 and still writing in my spare time. I enjoy writing and I hope you enjoy my epices when or if you do read them.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

My name's Dawn Im 27 years old and am happily married. I've been writing since i was in grade school, but have been seriously writing since seventh grade. In my junior year of high school, i wrote my first novel ever called, Dream Connection. Most of you have read the first two chapters. I published a poem in an anthology called Pathways, entitled Foolish Hearts. I have over 100 poems but for some reason find it hard to write them anymore. I have tons of shorts and novels in progress along with some Novellas. I write when i can find time, and hope that someday we can afford me to quite working and concentrate on my writing full time.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Dawn,
You're not alone with having trouble writing poems. I used to write several a day.It seemed as though they just flowed from me of their own accord. Now I write mostly short stories and novels. I do occasionally write a poem but the mood has to hit me just right for that.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

thats the other problem, i cant get the mood to hit me at all. I wrote on or at least something of a poem at my mother in law's sunday but i dont think its any good. :) Thanks Michelle
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I lead a much busier life than I really should and thereby my brain has little room for thinking romantic thoughts. I do try though, because writing is my pleasure and hobby. Even though I might be stressed and burnt out, I always try to sit and squeeze a few poetic thoughts out of my spongy brain. I live with two small children and a dog so its hard but in the end, I can go through my stuff later and edit what's good and what's not. So long as I'm writng , I'm okay.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hello i'm Phillip CLayton, I think the english language is very anoying,my family is british well from various parts of europe, I grew up in the u.s, however I was born in jamaica, so I always have confilcting issuses with words and spellings, because I sometime spell them how they sound, on purpose or subconciously, while i know the actual spelling ::sleepy:: ....however this is not to deny the fact that I have a spelling problem.
BUT SERIOUSLY WHAT'S WITH WORDS LIKE COLOR AND COLOUR? or silent letters? Why do i have to write with caps at the end of every period? Why do I have to write names like god and other so called important poeple who are not important to me with caps? Anyway i continue...

I never used to write alot, I actually hated it I even used to hate music, but then I discovered specific genre's of music that i love, and the same goes for my art and writing. I think I'm more of an orator than a writer, I rant alot, but they are based on deep thoughts i have or problems with represt memories etc. Sometimes i actually write in decent quoted poetry formats, but I prefer being comfortable when I do nayhtiong so most times I write in code so to speak, with my random words and phrases, figurative words representing alot more than they seem.

I think everything I do is influenced by each other, I don't seperate them. Meaning I tend to use my art to inlfuence my writing or visa versa, or my music to influence both. NEWS FLASH! I have terrible penmanship and bad typo's ::tongue:: .

Well anyway my girlfriend gotha (in my top friends #1) who is a brilliant writer, introduced writerscafe to me, so i joined it and i felt a little weird at first with all you GENIOUS WRITERS ::drool:: , but now i'm relatively comfortable, and i am learning alot form each writer i meet, and my gotha shows me alot fo stuff too.
So cheers! to you all and to my hopefull success in learning to write properly, because i have astory i want to write i posted the ruff on my profile if you wish to read it, i wont post it in here just yet i'm alittle shy about it at the moment ::mad:: .

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I'm Steven Silvey. I enjoy a nice glass of orange juice and laughing at people who like Kenny Chesney. I've been writing since 5th grade. I've been on this site almost everyday for the last 6 months. Now I'm sorta running out of things to say. People tell me that myself and my stories are funny, so if you wanna laugh then come by my profile.

I guess that's it,
Steven Silvey