Escape reality : Forum : Ideas for group contest?

Ideas for group contest?

11 Years Ago

Have any ideas?

Re: Ideas for group contest?

11 Years Ago

writing a poem about another author in the group. One entry per person.

11 Years Ago

About something that u do to escape reality or like a romantic one era theme

11 Years Ago

i agree, i love this idea. i think it should be about anything that you find as an escape though. not just a hobby, but something that literally whisks you away to another place in your mind. something that for while you are doing it, makes all of your problems light and easier to carry upon your shoulders. 
:)
i would be well into a contest like this!

11 Years Ago

I agree with the escaping reality idea. But maybe it could also be like a fantasy type poem or something, you know?

11 Years Ago

Originally posted by Felecia
I agree with the escaping reality idea. But maybe it could also be like a fantasy type poem or something, you know?

I was accually thinking of anything like not fantasy because it can be like a fantasy but not be. It would be like my poem my savior I know hers out there and he is my escape but it isn't a fantasy thing

11 Years Ago

What if you had to write an entry for a story which seems beyond the rea;m of reality

11 Years Ago

Why not just called the contest "Escapism" ? That way those who wish to use any form of escapism, fantasy or not, can join the contest. To a lot of people, sinking into the world of fantasy IS escaping reality. I know when I play Runescape, it is definitely escaping the world around me.

Also, you could do other themed contests from time to time on any number of topics.. love, hate, friendship, death, mother, father, seasons, holidays, dark writes, etc.

11 Years Ago

I like the idea of a Romantic-era piece, as much of their literature deals with the element of sleep-induced dreams and escapism, but everyone has their favourite literary eras so many may not be familiar with the style of the time and the writers primarily responsible for its development.   
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
DrD

11 Years Ago

JOURNEYS

11 Years Ago

A poem about your dreams

11 Years Ago

i agree with endless sea dreams is best either a dream you have had or a fiictional story about dreams

11 Years Ago

i am thinking we write about the reality we live in and our ways of escaping. As i believe we all live different lives and each one of us faces different kinds of problems. We could write about our problems and how we overcome them, and the craziest things we do while we attempt to find our silver lining. As when you are trying to find hope, sometimes you hit rock bottom and feel you should give up, this is exactly the time you decide to get away from all your worries, and do something fun, something just for you, something you wanted to do for a long time. Well whatever it is, lets write about it!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
KT

11 Years Ago

How 'bout something to do with dreams? Sleeping or waking dreams, that is.

11 Years Ago

Yes , great idea.. ANTEBELLUM  is my entry.exploring the old south ..not my usual type of writing..LAury

11 Years Ago

Finished page!

We all practice putting our best words forward. But how much time do YOU put into looking good? On the page, I mean.

PDF, website, video, and graphic layouts would need to be accepted for this to work... whatever people were comfortable showing their layout in. Entries should probably be 2 to 4 pages minimum. Wouldn't need to be contiguous pages, the point would be layout.