Ex-lit : Forum : cyber ghosts and puppet string..

cyber ghosts and puppet strings

15 Years Ago

Its seems our little band is dwindling or moved on to other green pastures-That's fine but from time to time let's still keep in touch.   Bea and myself it seems have made a home here so we'll keep the fires burning. The Writers Cafe is where I'll stay -

Like Rogan I'm still carrying a lot of anger over Lit- I've spent lots of time and energy on that site just to see myself erased- I'm usually very diplomatic but in this case I have only contempt for Lena and Stuart- Her new Puppet:. Yes, I was her f*****g puppet although I thought I was pulling the strings in reality she pulled mine- Now she is once again playing puppeteer using Stuart as her little doll. In my defense He's a willing puppet while I was just a trusting idiot who thought she had the best interests of the site- Once she got her gnarly hands on the site and realized that I was a bad puppet she brought in a more agreeable one- The rest is history-she started knocking off all the members she thought did her wrong and made the site a utter rag-

But the Queen B***h soon realized that she went too far- So she sold her half to Stuart and went underground again. Bobby7l  heard Lena was no longer in charge and pleaded his case with Stuart to be reinstated. He's back at Lit- old members thinking that Lena is out of their picture are trying to get back in and Stuart is accepting them.

Of course he is - very few good writers are left on lit due to Lenas purge and they need them back for it to become viable once again. But Lena is still pulling the strings - Stuart is her pet- Lit in my mind is a rag- no free expression allowed-

I will never again invest my time in moderating or admining a site- I'm still a Admin at writersforum but have diminished my presence. My guts were spewed at Lit leaving me with a bad taste- If old members want to go back -that's fine but be aware that Lena still runs the show and that she still pulls the strings...

my warmest
bob-

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Hi Bob

I take it Lena was Clair as well then and all the other imaginary puppets....of course one needs some talent to pull it all off.

I didn't put as much effort into writing or working as you did...I was never democratic just honest.

Regardless of the outcome and like yourself the hate of being tricked...I probably used lit.org more than it used me.... F**k...... everything has to die sometime.

Upwards and onwards...what doesn't kill you just makes you stronger....on the other hand there are so many cranks about these days  it just could kill you...

A particularly nasty aspect was the sympathy cries for the fake illness....leaves me feeling guilty for the sadness I mistakenly had for those fake cutters cancer and other medical conditions...some were real of course.

I am well used to playing games in the Army (interspersed with real action) it's all good training to give one the ability to stay alive in real life....

To think....you were such a nice moderator it seems such a waste to stop using that talent, deep down the only person who knows who and what you really are is yourself! See then if you "just did" what you thought was best and not what you are........ you are a liar too, and fooling yourself as much as anyone........or maybe just "playing a character"

I get rather bored  unless there is a bit of fighting going on, must be why I joined up.

Have a great day

Eric

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Eric

Lena was never Claire- As for me I've always been Bob- never played a character but I may have lied to myself about thinking that I was more important to the site then I really was- Of course we all play our games- the Internet is one big playground- but there has to be some element of trust - I tend to trust the demons rather than the angels- with that you get burned -no one to blame but my self- but it still pisses me off -

my warmest
bob

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Hi Bob

Of course it pissed me off too....... I was binned...  too be honest I didn't like the way it was going but I take it that if they couldn't beat you they sacked you...so in reality you won the battle......

Did you know who Clair was......... her house addressa and bank details would do.

Eric

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

hi Bob 
I suppose it's just his nature to stir the pot.  I always knew Lena was not Claire - Claire could write well and I've never thought Lena could.  Claire was not a destructive force on LitOrg.  She may have hurt some people because they felt betrayed by her.  I feel Claire made LitOrg a much better place [like you] when she was on the scene.  Whatever she did after that is of no consequence to me.  I've been 'burned' in real time enough not to get into a turmoil about web farces - fabrications & fiascos.
Eric - go soak your head.

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Pen

I quite agree with you about Claire- She was only a positive force on Lit. As a matter of fact aside from Chris she brought much innovation to Lit. She never trolled or did anything disruptive. She never claimed she was sick while on lit only that she was leaving. It was the other sites that she was involved in where all the trouble with deception and fakes deaths and whatnot.

The other sites that she was on were more of a debate troll like sites. Many of the posters were infatuated with who they thought Claire was. She posed as a thirty something beauty- while in reality she was in my age range(50's) real name Terry.(or she could have been Amy her sister it really doesn't matter) Many of these posters were really into her in a sexual type way and I suppose Claire/Terry felt trapped in her creation and needed a way out. So she devised a disease and killed her persona off- it was found out to be a hoax by those obsessed with her and the rest is a mess. Many felt betrayed -mainly those who thought she was hot and played sexual Internet games with her.

Her talent was real- a wonderful poet and great organizer among other things. She was a great mentor to many writers and I believe Lit was one of her safe places where she mostly was her real self . Terry/Claire created a persona-used a model' picture and made it her and created a false history. She literally created a three dimensional Internet character-near flawless- A brilliant piece of work- she was a true artist-but she did hurt many who felt betrayed by her fake death and and all that stuff. When I found out she was not dead but was a really a made up character I was relieved- cause I liked and admired the person behind Claire and could well understand how these things get out of control.

Did she deceive people-yes- did she hurt people -yes- but did she truly damage people -no- this is the f*****g internet - I for one hold no ill will toward her, she never ever did any harm on Lit - those other sites where she was a different Claire has nothing to do with what she was on Lit- so to make judgments that she was a evil horrible person is so full of s**t. What writer doesn't create-she was a writer who created one hell of a character who wrote herself in a corner and ended it badly-  She used the internet as her stage and for a few years she was a hit.

Now I know many will disagree with me- that she had no right to hide behind a fake character and then make her self sick and then die- It's a horrible thing to do when real people are sick and die- It  is- but she didn't do any of this stuff to those who knew her on Lit or the writing forums- The only deceptive thing she did was use an avatar-Picture of a beautiful women that was not her and made up a name Claire Robinson and history- Like thousands of others who hide behind the screen of the internet- But man could she write- I'll still take Claire over Lena any day-

my warmest
bob

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I don't care what persona Claire was on other sites...to me she was a real as any of YOU!

Bob...I'm curious to know if you know for CERTAIN...not what you surmised or were told by others.   Do you have any PROOF that she wasn't who she said she was!

I knew a year or more before she left, that she was ill and as she deteriorated, her eyes were compromised.   She didn't complain on site, and I kept her confidence.  That's a long time to keep up a charade!  She shared some of her personal life, about her family, and always asked my  advice about how to handle some private situations...Whatever her real name was...she was REAL to me!

But even if she lied to me...I don't really care.  She was a loving, caring person, that enriched my life and the life of Lit.Org!  She never played one against the other, gave harsh critisims of people's work...she suggested changes one might make... but always in a positive way...that why people loved her, as opposed to the current witch of Lit!

If she were reading this...I would tell her to contact me under whatever name she chose...I couldn't care less!

Bea

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Bob - I totally agree with you about why some felt betrayed - IMO - they should have blamed themselves for their silly ideas about Claire.  She will always be Claire to me and she will always be real.  I am certain Amy was very real because I received a video from her daughters thanking me for the triolets I wrote about each of them.  I had more of a 'connection' with Amy and refused to 'complain' about Claire when Amy broached the subject.  I figured if they were truly sisters it wasn't my place to come between them and I also thought that anything I shared with Amy about Claire could easily be passed on to her.  I never would want to be that hurtful and have always believed that if I have an 'issue' with someone that I want to be discussed - I'm obliged to approach the person directly.  
Not only that - but I simply LOATHE gossip and all the damage it can do however meaningless it is in reality.
I don't believe anyone should fake their death and am astounded anyone would tempt fate to that degree.  
As to the sexual interactions on site - Claire played too - but only to a point.  I recall her putting a couple of 'fellows' in their place in a very tactful way.  
Imagine Bob - after all this time - we still 'talk' about her.  I hope Lena never enjoys such longevity when it comes to discussions.  A destructive force is heightened when it's given 'air' time.  True?

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Bea

Yes Claire was real - On lit she was as real as me and you- doesn't matter what her real name is or how she looked like- she was a positive and caring person and that's how I'll remember her as- But she was not Claire in non- cyber world even Amy when she came back around 10 months ago on Lit admitted that. She probably did have an eye aliment but she surely did not die.  just hope one day to meet her again in cyberspace.

What I found really interesting are the ones who went ballistic on this whole Claire hoax thing- They so happened to have been the biggest trolls con-artists, and multi-persona frauds on the net- they screamed hoax and injustice, betrayal and what have you- Lena was one of those so outraged-  They hated the fact that even with her secret getting out that she still had support and forgiveness- They cried foul -hyprocrital little b*****s and b******s-

my warmest
bob

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Bob & Pen:

Let us "put her to rest" now...and retain our memories of her as she was to us.

Goodbye "Claire" wherever and whomever you are.  May your "rest" in peace.

We  love  you still!

"Gram"

P.S.  Since this is the Easter season and Jesus rose from the dead...hope  you will do likewise and get in touch with any of us!

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Hi Pen.... he he he boil my ed indeed........ I am not smart enough to play another character so take the alternative... say what I like and plaster my photos good bad and ugly everywhere.

Hi Beatrice..... yes we should forget all history and start over...duhhh still waiting for your sons scanner or whatever and that picture...why do you want everyone to put Clair to bed ...I think Bob paid a great tribute to her/him here and I enjoyed reading it...... she/he seemed to have time for everyone........ then up and died.... Put her to bed and let her character die out........? Or like Jesus ...take him out and polish him up on special occasions

Easter is a really hard time for everyone... chocolate is so fattening.watch out for the pounds/Kg.. unless your like me...fit as a fiddle...celebrated Easter by watching Ben Hur hadn't seen it for years.....

Hi Bob that was a great tribute to the Clair character... nothing like a good mystery to unravel...killed with...kindness..... I would chat anyone up but didn't see Clair in that light when Nae was filling the pages with............ whoops where are you Nae you Sexy Thang...... Often the best people to chat to are purrfect strangers...I would talk to Old Nick himself... never know what you might learn.

Nice to get chatting with you lot again.....now where are the other eight..........

Eric

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Originally posted by Fairplay

Often the best people to chat to are purrfect strangers...I would talk to Old Nick himself... never know what you might learn.

Eric

That certainly is sage advice - perfect strangers usually are flawless - some folks improve with the getting to know them - and then there's the ones which should remain unmet.

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Did you have anyone in mind  Pen?    lol!

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Ha ha

Everybody in my life makes me "Happy" at one time or another !!!!!!

Some when they come into it

Some when they leave it

Eric

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Hi Bob.

It would seem the group is just doing what it has always done:  Living their individual lives.  We will wander off but that does not mean we are so far we won't find our way back.  As I wrote to you, I am on the darkerside because I am having fun there.  Sure, I've driven off four members with my antics, but they were never friends; just people who thought they knew what everyone should believe in.  I read your reply but the offer still stands.

Hope everyone is well.  And I will never return to lit.  I also wish them well but my thoughts for them do not go beyond that.