Eyebag's Society : Forum : Reading

Reading

11 Years Ago

Do any of you pull all nighters just to finish that one book, you've been so happy to read? I need some more book recomendations after I get done with Inheritance(great series) by Christopher Paolini

Re: Reading

11 Years Ago

I am, specially when the book gets my attention if it don't it will stay one month before I will be able to read it... Try Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book... I'm not a fan in series because I cannot buy books that are expensive but I can go on Trilogy's... (;

11 Years Ago

Did that with the Hugry games books mum and my sister thought i had lost the plot to do such a thing.

11 Years Ago

IMPLUSE by Ellen Hopkins   Her books are powerful! I spent all night reading the last 4 chapters. In the morning I felt awesome. Boo on me because I fell asleep at period 2

11 Years Ago

I do with a lot of books like for example: Mary Higgins Clark's though I don't read much of her work anymore. :D 

11 Years Ago

I LOVE anything by Tamora Pierce! Two of her series are Lioness Rampant (a quartet) and The Immortals Quartet. I also love Kristen Britain's Green Rider Series. I've read each of these series at least two times, if not more. Yes, they're that good!

11 Years Ago

Anything by John Green.  Paper Towns was the first one I read.  Grendel by John Gardner (heh, another John) is also really good...but it's short and probably won't take you into the night...and you might want to have read/ have a basic understanding of the Epic Beowulf before reading.  Brent Hartinger's Grand and Humble is REALLY good, especially if you want to surprise yourself with something different.

11 Years Ago

Yes, of course, but I pull all-nighters much less frequently than when I was a newly imprinted avatar.  Perhaps you have a short list of titles that caused you to pull all-nighters?

My list would be too long but here is a more recent set:

- most of the Harry Potter series
 - The Golden Compass trilogy
 - The Lensman series
 - The Dune series
 - Certain things of Marion Zimmer Bradley (The Mists of Avalon); I knew her editor, personally)
 - Poetry... too numerous too mention but mostly 19th century and a few 20th/21st century writers
 - non-fiction: biographies, history and science tomes (any science)

...just a few.

-Ufi

11 Years Ago

Originally posted by UfoAuthor
Yes, of course, but I pull all-nighters much less frequently than when I was a newly imprinted avatar.  Perhaps you have a short list of titles that caused you to pull all-nighters?

My list would be too long but here is a more recent set:

- most of the Harry Potter series
 - The Golden Compass trilogy
 - The Lensman series
 - The Dune series
 - Certain things of Marion Zimmer Bradley (The Mists of Avalon); I knew her editor, personally)
 - Poetry... too numerous too mention but mostly 19th century and a few 20th/21st century writers
 - non-fiction: biographies, history and science tomes (any science)

...just a few.

-Ufi

That's a lot of series, dude (: