Fan Discussions : Forum : So what other fantasy things d..

So what other fantasy things do we enjoy?

11 Years Ago

My other loves besides Harry Potter are: The new ABC series Once Upon A Time, A Game of Thrones (both book and TV show), Princess Mononoke, Wicked (the book), anything by Tamora Pierce and Garth Nix and Kristin Cashore, The Hobbit (book), and the Lord of the Rings movies. Oh and I also love The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe book and movie! And the Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray! How could I forget the series that sparked my interest in the Victorian era?

Re: So what other fantasy things do we enjoy?

11 Years Ago

haha the only one i know and like is the lion the witch and the wardrobe.. 

my favs are Vampire Academy(books) The Rangers Apprentice(books) The Mortal Instruments(books) The Exorcist(movie) Dracula The Musical(play) Wyrd Sisters(Play and Book) Night World(books) and Another Faust(book) 

11 Years Ago

Awesome! I can't believe I forgot to add The Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray to my loves. Victorian era fantasy novels FTW!!!!!

11 Years Ago

OMG tomora piece was def my savor when it comes to reading! I used to be a total romance-fantasy girl (Yes i have read twilight and enjoyed it until I woke up and realize... well... that it wasn't as good as I thought lo) But anyways I read her Alanna the Lioness series (Idk if thats really what it's called i'll have to look at my bookshelf later) but I got hooked and bought like three of her series(es?) in paperback^_^ then I started reading Cashmore and LOVE her books Fire and Changling(I dont think thats the name... again bookshelf later) ANYWAYS... I am a big Potter fan also^_^ I got my picture in the paper when I was like 11 because I went to a midnight release and the reporter said I looked just like hermoine^_^ lol shes way prettier then I am though! So yeah... XD

11 Years Ago

Hug me other Tamora Pierce fan!

11 Years Ago

TAMORA PIERCE IS AMAZING!! Also, one of my favorite books is Graceling by Kristin Cashore, all her books are awesome but that's the first one in the series. Any other Graceling fans?

11 Years Ago

@Fantasylover, YAY! *tearing up* @Owlgirl, YES! OMG! Go katsa! She kicks so much butt its amazing!

11 Years Ago

I'm a Graceling fan!!!!! I loved that book! And another book that I read that was recommended to Tamora Pierce fans like Graceling was is this book called Eon and I also read its sequel, Eona. Both of those books are about a girl named Eona and how she is trying to harness her magical connection with dragons before the kingdom she lives in is destroyed. Her story is very similar to that of Mulan's and the setting of the story is inspired by both Chinese and Japanese culture. So it was pretty cool for me at least to read a fantasy that wasn't Eurocentric.

11 Years Ago

II'm gonna look those books up^_^ they sound interesting! i remember you saying something about them on my book Year of the Dragon:D

11 Years Ago

Awesome!

11 Years Ago

oh my gosh!!! how could i forget about Graceling, Fire, Eon, and Eona!!!! i love those books too!!!

11 Years Ago

Hahaha!!! It's fine. I've been kicking myself all day for not including The Neverending Story and Labyrinth amongst my favorite fantasy movies!