Fantasy's Lore : Forum : Hey guys. I'm starting an urba..

[reply] [quote]

Hey guys. I'm starting an urban fantasy novel.

11 Years Ago

Hey guys. I'm starting an urban fantasy novel. I need help deciding what races to put in it. It takes place in present day Boston. I've already chosen Elves, Pixies, Goblins, vampires( to an extent), human mutants( known as witchs in canon), trolls, zombies, mermaids , saytrs and other nature spirits like Pookas. The main villians are Dark elves! Any thoughts or coments or race ideas post here!!
[reply] [quote]

Re: Hey guys. I'm starting an urban fantasy novel.

11 Years Ago

Hey! I like the sound of this! I've always been a personal fan of Nereids :) They're literally a kind of Mermaid/Siren. Centaurs are also one of my favourite fantastical creatures, Fauns too! Good luck!! I look forward to reading your work. :)
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

All of this sounds good, but try not to go overboard. It's better to have a few races, and flesh them each out more and explore their relationships with eachother, than to put in every single fantasy creature you can think of
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

Just put 3/4 races,everything else is not neccessary. Oh yeah,let me know if you need the names or history for the characters,I want to co/author this amazing piece of work.
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

If you're using nature spirits in an urban setting are they taking on new roles? So they live in the parks? Are there new spirits for apartment buildings?

[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

This is very interesting from the sound of it, but it will be difficult to put all the races together because I believe many don't get along in most tales. You might want to divided races per US city, for example Boston (your favorite race) New York for the elves etc. I would definitely read this story right away regardless.