Final Fantasy : Forum : Favorite themes

[reply] [quote]

Favorite themes

14 Years Ago

What kind of themes do you love to put into your writing? Whether its tragedy, love, or insanity. Feel free to say!

My favorite themes are tragedy, and other dark themes. Death, murder, violence....its because I have led a painful life and know most of what it feels like. Describing these themes is like describing how I feel.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Well, Shadow, I feel much the same about my writing, except for different reasons. Not a lot of pain in my life, just a lot of detachment from life in general. I don't feel a sense of community or comradry.

I like to murder, maim, torture, and mess with my characters heads. I like to make them fall in love with the wrong people or have them have tragic misunderstandings. My friend Nez-chan gets worked up over the fact that I kill my characters and my favorite characters off. I do this because I know I'm not supposed to do this to people in real life. Occasionally I get out bursts of philosophy or fluff.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Favorite themes

13 Years Ago

I love writing stories where one of the main characters has a painful history. I also like making my stories really intricate. I'm not sure why I write stories like this but before I started writing I would daydream about me being a character in a story and it was always a life I would love to live if things were different in the real world. I absolutely love fantasy :)